I’ve been going through my handwritten recipe cards to see which ones I should share publicly. My Mom’s Salmon Patty Recipe was always a favorite of mine.
Food can take me back to my childhood sometimes. One of my favorite meals that my Mom would make when I was a kid was salmon patties and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Since I’ve been home more, I have been going through things. Including the hand-written recipe cards I have from both my Mom and Grandma. I plan to share more of their recipes. I have already shared several, including my Grandma’s Rolls and my Mom’s Chicken Divan. As far as favorites go, this salmon patty recipe ranks up there for me.
How to Make Salmon Patties
My Mom used canned salmon to make hers. But I prefer using the salmon pouches. There’s no skin or bones to pick out of the salmon then. It’s purely personal preference. Salmon patties are simple to make. Whisk together the egg, lemon juice, cracker crumbs, celery, onion and salt. Stir in the salmon. Add more cracker crumbs if necessary. Form into patties.
Why are my Salmon Patties falling apart?
It might be necessary to add more cracker crumbs. The salmon patties will fall apart if they are too wet. You need enough cracker crumbs to bind all the ingredients together. So that the patties will hold together and not fall apart.
What Goes with Salmon Patties
As I mentioned, my Mom always served Kraft Macaroni and Cheese with her salmon patties. Here’s some more recipe suggestions to serve with this Salmon Patty Recipe:
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Salmon Patty Recipe
- 10 oz Pink Salmon I use skinless, boneless pouches
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Saltine Cracker Crumbs may need more
- 2 tbsp celery finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, cracker crumbs, celery, onion, lemon juice and salt. Stir in the salmon until a cohesive ball forms. You may need to add more cracker crumbs.
- Form the mixture into four salmon patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the salmon patties and cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until the other side is browned.
More Fish Recipes
- Smoked Salmon Chowder
- Air Fryer Fish Tacos
- Citrus Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Sheet Pan Fish Tacos
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks