Air Fryer Fish Sticks taste so much better than boxed. They start with good quality white fish, coated with a mayo and egg mixture plus Panko bread crumbs.
My air fryer is definitely my favorite “gadget” in the kitchen. Every sort of protein I cook in it has been a success. I know what I’m doing in terms of preparing food but it’s elevated my cooking too. Restaurant-quality Mexican food and burgers are easy with an air fryer. These Air Fryer Fish Sticks were definitely a success. My kids like boxed fish sticks. But these are so much better. You’ll be glad you took the few extra minutes to make these instead of opening a box.
Can you Air Fry Fish Sticks?
Yes and you can find instructions for doing that here. But this is not a recipe for putting frozen fish sticks in the air fryer. This recipe shows you how to make your own fish sticks. Starting with a firm white fish, like cod or halibut. I chose halibut (from the frozen section) and was very pleased with the resulting taste and texture of these fish sticks.
How do you Make Air Fryer Fish Sticks?
Choose a firm, white fish from the frozen section. I chose halibut. Cod is also a great choice. Thaw the fish overnight in the refrigerator. Use a sharp knife to cut the fish into “sticks”. Dry the fish with paper towels. Dip the fish into the egg and mayo mixture. Then dip the fish into the Italian-seasoned Panko bread crumbs. Air fry the fish sticks at 375 degrees F. Times will vary depending on your brand of air fryer.
- This is the brand of air fryer I use for all of my recipes
- This is my favorite brand of tarter sauce to serve with these air fryer fish sticks
- A sharp, heavy knife is necessary for cutting the fish into stick-size pieces
- Fish is fully cooked when it reaches 145 degrees F
- Check your fish with a digital meat thermometer
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer
- 12 oz frozen fish halibut or cod are good choices
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- Thaw the fish according to package directions.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the fish into stick shapes. I was able to get eight sticks from one frozen package of fish.
- Whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a shallow bowl. Place the Panko bread crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Dry the fish with paper towels. Dip each fish stick into the egg mixture to coat. Then dredge the fish sticks in the Panko bread crumbs to coat.
- Place the fish sticks in an even layer - not touching - in the basket of your air fryer.
- Air fry the fish at 375 degrees F for 8 - 12 minutes, depending on the brand of your air fryer. Check the center temperature of your fish sticks with a digital meat thermometer. Fish is fully cooked when it reaches 145 degrees F.
- Serve the fish sticks with tarter sauce and lemon wedges.
I will have to get GF bread crumbs for this recipe which looks delicious by the way!
Yes, that’s a great substitute. These are easily made gluten free.
I really need to use my air fryer for more than fries. I can’t wait to try this.
Come back and let us know what you think.
Carrie Robinson says
I just love that these are made in the air fryer! 🙂
The air fryer is my new super hero in the kitchen.
I had never thought to make fishsticks before, but these photos are making me want them now! Thanks for such a fab idea and recipe!!
You’re welcome. Thank you for the compliment!