Air Fryer Salmon is so quick and simple to make. If you have struggled to cook fish correctly in the past, the air fryer is your answer to perfectly cooked salmon.
I don’t know what sort of voodoo magic happens in the air fryer, but I am here for it. I have mentioned before that I used to order fish and seafood out. Inevitably I would overcook shrimp in a pan or fish would stick to the grill at home. My family just didn’t eat seafood when I was growing up, so I had no experience with it. But my air fryer has thankfully changed all that.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
How to Air Fry Salmon:
It is so surprisingly easy to cook salmon filets in the air fryer. I purchased a couple of fresh filets (with the skin on) at my grocery. I seasoned the salmon with salt and lightly oiled the basket of my air fryer before placing the filets in the basket (skin side down). Then I cooked the salmon filets at 375 degrees F for about 12 minutes. I placed a bit of butter on top of the salmon, with a lemon slice and fresh dill for serving. It was delicious!
What to serve with Air Fryer Salmon:
I love asparagus with salmon and I have a great recipe for asparagus in the air fryer too. Rice, mashed potatoes and fettuccine Alfredo are also great choices for a side dish to go with this salmon. Or how about make a big salad and serve the air fryer salmon on top of that?
- I use a Philips Air Fryer for testing all of my air fryer recipes
- Choose salmon filets with the skin on – this helps to seal in the natural juices as it’s cooking
- It is not necessary to flip the salmon halfway through cooking
- Use a digital thermometer like this one to check the internal temperature of the salmon
- Brush your air fryer with vegetable oil. Do no use cooking spray – it will damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer
- 2 8 oz salmon filets skin on
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 slices lemon
- 2 tsp fresh dill minced
- vegetable oil
- Brush the air fryer basket lightly with vegetable oil.
- Season the salmon filets with salt.
- Place the salmon in the air fryer basket - not touching and skin side down.
- Cook the salmon at 375 degrees F for about 12 minutes. It is not necessary to flip the salmon over. Salmon is fully cooked when the internal temperature is 145 degrees F. Depending on your model of air fryer and the thickness of your salmon filets, the cooking time is approximate. Start checking the temperature at 10 minutes.
- Place half the butter on top of each salmon filet to let it melt. Sprinkle each filet with dill and top with a lemon slice to serve.