This recipe for Air Fryer Asparagus yields perfectly roasted, fresh asparagus with minimal oil.
In general I like my fresh asparagus cooked on the grill. I currently don’t have a grill at my new house. But to be honest, now that I’ve cooked fresh asparagus in my new air fryer a couple of times, I might not mess with the grill anymore. The air fryer perfectly sears the asparagus. A little oil, salt and fresh lemon juice are all that’s needed for the asparagus.
Is Asparagus Healthy?
Absolutely yes, asparagus is healthy. I toss the asparagus in just a bit of vegetable oil to keep it from sticking to the air fryer basket. Asparagus is very low in calories – just 20 calories in 1/2 cup. Its natural fiber content can help improve digestive health. And asparagus is a terrific source of antioxidants.
How to make Air Fryer Asparagus:
*scroll to the bottom for a printable version of these recipe instructions*
This recipe for roasted asparagus is so quick and easy! Simply snap off the tough ends and rinse it under cold water. Then lightly drizzle the asparagus in vegetable oil. Cook the asparagus at 375 degrees F for 6 – 8 minutes. Once the asparagus has roasted, sprinkle it with salt and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over it right before serving.
- This is the air fryer I use in my kitchen
- Here is a guide for snapping off the tough ends of the asparagus
- Instead of tossing the asparagus in vegetable oil, you can brush the air fryer basket with oil instead
- This is the pastry brush that I use for brushing my air fryer basket with oil
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lemon
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus. Rinse under cold water.
- Drizzle the asparagus with vegetable oil and toss to coat.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Roast the asparagus in the air fryer at 375 degrees F for 6 - 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus stalks.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with salt and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the asparagus before serving.