This recipe for air fryer chicken breasts is so healthy, perfectly juicy and could not be more simple to prepare.
Chicken breasts are finicky to fix correctly. They can dry out, get stringy, seem boring or just be more trouble than a chicken breast should be. To be honest I don’t fix chicken at home very often anymore. I use a lot of prepared rotisserie chicken in my recipes. And because of my partnerships with Ohio Beef and Ohio Pork, I tend to fix beef and pork more often than chicken.
So I decided when I purchased my new air fryer that chicken recipes should definitely be on my list of recipes to test. I was so pleasantly surprised at how a simple chicken breast with a mere sprinkling of seasoning and brush of vegetable oil could turn into such a juicy and delicious treat. I’m for sure going to be fixing more chicken breasts in my air fryer now to have a simple and healthy source of protein ready to go at all times.
Is Air Fryer Chicken Breast Healthy?
Definitely. Chicken breasts are low in fat and sodium and high in protein. Preparing them in the air fryer makes the chicken breasts juicy and delicious without adding a lot of extra fat in the preparation.
How to Air Fry Chicken Breast:
- This is the air fryer I used for developing this recipe for air fryer chicken breasts.
- Do not spray your air fryer basket with a cooking spray like Pam – it will ruin the non-stick coating of the basket.
- Use your favorite chicken seasoning. This is the chicken seasoning I used for this recipe.
- Check the chicken breasts with a digital thermometer to be sure the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.
- Serve the chicken immediately, or allow the chicken to cool completely. Slice and store in an air tight container for up to three days.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- 2 6 oz chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Lightly coat both sides of the chicken breasts with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast with the chicken seasoning and salt.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer (not touching) in the basket of your air fryer.
- Cook the chicken at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken breasts over. Continue to cook the chicken for 5 - 6 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165 degrees F.
- Serve immediately.
Jacqueline Debono says
I don’t yet have an air fryer but it’s on my wish list for this year! I agree that chicken breasts can be difficult to get right as they dry out so quickly! These air fryer breasts look and sound perfect!
Love cooking in the Air Fryer. Everything turns out so nice! Thanks for sharing!
I love how easy this recipe is, and the chicken was perfectly juicy.
Thank you so much!
I’m always up for a meal that doesn’t require me to turn on the oven. This is fantastic!
Marie-Charlotte Chatelain says
An air fryer is so on the wish list and recipes like this make me want to head straight to amazon and get one!
I hope you get one and try this recipe.