A few simple ingredients make for a standout meal with my Slow Cooker Apple Butter Glazed Pork Tenderloin served over cheesy grits with a side of bacon. Thank you to the Ohio Pork Council for sponsoring this post.
This is my land-locked, Midwestern version of a Southern classic. I have had some pretty stellar shrimp and grits on my family’s Florida vacations over the years. But I pretty much save that dish for when I’m near the water. When I’m in Ohio I like to buy local and choose Ohio pork for our dinners. With that in mind I decided that pork and grits needs to be a thing here in my Ohio home.
Pork tenderloin absorbs whatever flavors you add to it so well. It’s a very lean cut of pork but it cooks up juicy and tender every time in the slow cooker with very minimal effort.
To pair with my cheesy grits and bacon I decided apple butter should be the star ingredient of my glaze. The dry rub that goes on first has just five ingredients and then the pork is smothered with a mix of apple butter, apple cider vinegar and a little whole grain mustard.
The flavor in this dish is superb with a lovely balance of sweetness from the apple butter and salt from the cheddar and bacon.
Tips for Slow Cooker Apple Butter Glazed Pork Tenderloin:
- I use a 6-quart slow cooker similar to this one for my slow cooker recipes.
- Click HERE to find the recipe for cheesy grits to serve with this slow cooker pork tenderloin.
- You don’t have to serve bacon on the side, but why wouldn’t you?
- Click HERE to find the best way to cook your bacon.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Slow Cooker Apple Butter Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- t tbsp whole grain mustard
- Mix together the brown sugar, salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder and thyme and rub it on all sides of the pork tenderloin. Place the tenderloin in the slow cooker.
- Whisk together the apple butter, apple cider vinegar and mustard. Pour evenly over the pork.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook the pork on LOW (6 - 8 hours) or HIGH (3 - 4 hours). Shred the meat before serving.
- Serve the pork with cheesy grits and bacon.
More recipes with Ohio Pork: