Pepper Jack Cheese Grits are the ultimate southern comfort food with a kick.
So to go with that Al Pastor Grilled Pork Tenderloin, you really need to fix these pepper jack cheese grits. Seriously. They are the perfect pairing.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Family recipes are a fraught thing sometimes. You feel like you can’t make changes. But then you do and realize that it’s just a recipe after all. And perhaps the new version is even better than the original. That is what happened with this recipe. I had eaten one version for many years. But then finally decided to put my own spin on it. And guess what? I liked it better!
I hope that’s how you approach blogs in general. Everyone’s tastes are different. I hope no one ever thinks of a recipe as “precious” and non-negotiable. I always think that as readers, you’re going to put your own spin on my recipe. Sharing recipes is such a creative expression. I love being creative and assume that my recipes are merely a jumping off point. I want you to be creative in your kitchen too!
Tips for Pepper Jack Cheese Grits:
- When calling for shredded cheese, I always shred my own cheese. I encourage you to do the same.
- You can use quick cooking grits for this recipe, but I personally like this brand of grits.
- These grits are best when served immediately. You can halve the recipe if needed. Or if reheating leftover grits, stir in a bit of sour cream before microwaving.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Pepper Jack Cheese Grits
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup grits I use Bob's Red Mill corn grits
- 4 tbsp salted butter cut into four slices
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 8 oz Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a saucepan on the stove and whisk in the grits. Lower the heat to medium and cook the grits for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the grits from the heat.
- Whisk into the hot grits the butter, shredded cheese, beaten eggs and honey. Spread the grits into a greased casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.