This Slow Cooker Moo Shu Pork is a terrific fake-out, take-out meal that takes just a few minutes to prepare.
I really need to have my food blogger card taken away. It seems like everyone else likes sushi and Chinese take-out except for me. It’s not for a lack of trying. I’ve felt the peer pressure many times when friends and family want these things and so I try and try again only to be reminded of my aversions.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
I need to take matters into my own hands when it comes to these things and make homemade approximations. When I found this recipe for Moo Shu Pork I remembered that I kind of, sort of liked Moo Shu Vegetable (other than it being way too greasy).
What does Moo Shu Pork taste like?
Honestly it reminds me of pulled pork BBQ, just with an Asian flair. The mixture of hoisin, garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil is really tasty. So much so that even I like it!
Tips for Slow Cooker Moo Shu Pork:
- Use a boneless pork loin (or pork tenderloin) trimmed of most of its fat for this recipe
- Be sure to cook this recipe on low heat, so as not to burn the sugars in the hoisin sauce
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker like this one
- Serve the pork with tortillas or rice
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Slow Cooker Moo Shu Pork
- 2.5 lbs boneless pork loin or pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 bags (16 oz each) coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup all-natural hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 16 small flour tortillas
- Place the pork in the bottom of a slow cooker set on LOW heat. Empty one whole bag of coleslaw mix on top of pork. Whisk together the hoisin, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and corn starch and pour the sauce over the top of the pork and slaw mixture. Cook on low setting for 6 hours, or until pork easily shreds with a fork.
- During final half hour of cooking time, remove lid and shred the pork. Add the remaining 1/2 bag of slaw mixture. Stir very well and allow to cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve the moo shu pork with flour tortillas (or white rice).