I’ve made this Spinach Strawberry Salad so many times I’ve lost count. It’s always a crowd-pleaser.
Around the holidays especially I dust off my tried and true recipes for family and friends gatherings. This fresh spinach salad topped with strawberries and goat cheese is one of them. It’s an old Cooking Light recipe I found years ago and altered a bit to suit my personal tastes.
Is spinach strawberry salad healthy?
I think with the amount of sugar in the dressing that it can’t be considered healthy. I mean, it was originally a Cooking Light recipe so … maybe, sort of? Olive oil, fresh spinach and strawberries are definitely healthy. The toasted sesame seeds add wonderful flavor to the dressing but also amp up the calories. Regardless, this spinach strawberry salad is always a hit and so delicious. I wouldn’t eat it every day. But it is perfect for special occasions.
What goes with spinach strawberry salad?
I have several main dish recipes that pair perfectly with this salad. But if I had to choose the ultimate menu in which to include this salad it would be this…
Tips for making this salad:
- I always use a salad spinner like this one to wash my greens for salads.
- If you don’t like goat cheese you can skip it or replace it with feta cheese.
- Sometimes I’m able to purchase already toasted sesame seeds in the spice section – they don’t taste quite as good as toasting them yourself but it saves time.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled. It’s terrific for serving to a large group.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Spinach Strawberry Salad
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar; cover dressing tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Combine the spinach and strawberries in a large bowl and toss gently.
- Pour the dressing over the spinach mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Evenly divide the dressed spinach and strawberry mixture onto each of six plates.
- Top the salad plates evenly with the sliced almonds and crumbled goat cheese.
More Strawberry Recipes:
- French Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry BBQ Sauce
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Grilled Strawberry Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
- White Chocolate Strawberry Mini Cheesecakes
I love strawberry spinach salad! This looks yummy!
I live in Florida and the strawberries are just now coming into season! Can’t wait to try your salad!
linda spiker says
A favorite combination for sure! And always a hit at parties, showers, etc….
Tina Lindquist says
I love salads with strawberries or mandarin oranges in them. Saving this for later:)
This looks like a delicious salad!! I could really use it today after eating turkey for days!!
Looks amazing! I could see dried cranberries working well in this as well! I’ve had a similar salad but not with the toasted sesame seeds, will have to give that a try next time! Thanks for the recipe/ideas!
Thanks Matt and you are welcome!
Alexandra @ It's Not Complicated Recipes says
What a beautiful idea for a salad! The colours are just so stunning – and it is so delicious!
Neli Howard | Delicious Meets Healthy says
I must try this salad! And I love strawberries and spinach, such a nice combination. This is a gorgeous recipe!
Thank you so much Neli!
Amy | The Cook Report says
This is such a great summer salad recipe!
It really is!
Heidy L. McCallum says
I have to tell you this was divine, I made your recipe right after our Florida Strawberry Fest and everyone loved the salad. Thank you for giving me yet another recipe our family will be sure to enjoy for years to come!
I love hearing positive feedback like this. I’m so glad everyone loved this salad. It’s definitely a favorite in our house!
Can’t beat a classic like strawberry and spinach. This sounds great and so fresh!
Thank you Rosa!
Heather Johnson says
Yum I’m getting strawberries this weekend – definitely making this one!
Happy to hear – I think you’ll love it!