These Air Fryer Fish Tacos feel fancy but could not be more simple to make. White fish cooked in the air fryer is topped with avocado citrus salsa and chipotle mayonnaise.
I created a recipe for Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos a while back. My daughter declared our house at the time smelled like a taco truck when I made them (a big compliment from her). I decided I should make Air Fryer Fish Tacos because some people don’t like shrimp. Also some are allergic to shellfish. Also there are never too many recipes for tacos, am I right?!
What is the Best Fish for Air Fryer Fish Tacos?
A firm white fish is the best choice for these fish tacos. I happened to use sea bass for this test recipe because it looked really good at my grocery store, and I had an extra piece leftover from a previous dinner. Other good options are cod, halibut, grouper and mahi mahi.
What is a Good Side Dish for Air Fryer Fish Tacos?
I think the most obvious choice of side dish to serve with these fish tacos is chips and guacamole. Another great option to complete this meal would be my Mexican Rice and Bean Soup. And of course don’t forget the Margaritas!
What Sauce is Best for Fish Tacos?
Tarter sauce seems to be the most popular sauce for fish. So I think a spicy, mayonnaise based sauce makes the most sense for fish tacos. I use a canned chipotle sauce mixed with mayonnaise, fresh lime juice and a little salt. This sauce is absolutely delicious with this air fryer cooked fish and avocado citrus salsa. A little fat gives lots of flavor to these tacos.
- I use a Philips Air Fryer to test all of my air fryer recipes
- This is the brand of seasoning I use for my fish – but you can use your favorite grill seasoning
- Do not use cooking spray on your air fryer basket – it can ruin the coating
- This is the brand of chipotle sauce I used for this recipe
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Fish Tacos
- 24 oz firm white fish fillets
- 1 tbsp grill seasoning
- 1 large avocado peeled and chopped
- 2 medium oranges peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chipotle sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- corn tortillas
- Stir together the avocado, orange, onion, cilantro and half teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, chipotle sauce, lime juice and remaining half teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- Evenly sprinkle the fish with the grill seasoning.
- Brush the air fryer basket lightly with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
- Arrange the fish in a single layer in the basket. Cook at 400 degrees F for 8 - 12 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the fish reaches 145 degrees F. It is not necessary to flip the fish during cooking.
- Serve the fish with warmed, corn tortillas, the avocado citrus salsa and chipotle mayonnaise to make tacos.