Sheet pan cooking saves on clean-up in the kitchen and I have the best sheet pan fish tacos for you. Whether you are wanting a new recipe to try for Taco Tuesday or you are needing to eat a meatless Friday meal for Lent you’ll want this recipe for sheet pan fish tacos in your collection.
What is it about sheet pan meals that everyone loves so much? Is it the convenience of one pan? Does it just sound cool or is it one of those trends that will eventually go by the wayside? I’m not sure but what I do know is this recipe for sheet pan fish tacos will be making many repeat performances at our dinner table – whether on Fridays during Lent or otherwise.
I don’t cook fish often at home so I’m working on adding to my fish recipe collection. This fish taco recipe is so simple and definitely a crowd pleaser. The tarter sauce and honey lime marinade provide a uniquely American sweet and tangy take on these tacos. So if you have kids (like one of mine) who don’t “do” spicy food yet this recipe is friendly for them too!
These are obviously oven baked fish fillets (not fried) but I tried to mimic a crispy fried texture with a light coating of Panko bread crumbs. Corn, grape tomatoes and fresh zucchini are tossed in olive oil, honey and lime juice to roast alongside the fish. It all came out of the oven perfectly cooked and flavorful. The taco toppings are up to you but I chose shredded lettuce, salsa and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Helpful tips for making Sheet Pan Fish Tacos:
Beyond Frisch’s tarter sauce here are some other suggestions for what you’ll need to fix these delicious sheet pan fish tacos for your family at home:
- A large sheet pan with an edge
- Parchment paper to keep the delicate fish from sticking to the pan
- Panko breadcrumbs because they create the best, most crispy oven-fried crust. Much better than regular breadcrumbs
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Thank you to Frisch’s for sponsoring this post.
Sheet Pan Fish Tacos
- 16 ounces frozen fish fillets I used cod
- 3 tablespoons Frisch's Tarter Sauce
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup fresh zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place fish fillets on the parchment paper. Spread the Frisch's tarter sauce evenly on top of the fish. Then top the tarter sauce coating evenly with the Panko bread crumbs, parsley and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- In a clean bowl add the tomatoes, corn and zucchini.
- Toss the vegetables with the olive oil, lime juice, honey and remaining half teaspoon of salt.
- Spread the vegetables on the other half of the sheet pan.
- Roast the fish and vegetables in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until the fish easily flakes. If you'd like the top of the fish coating a little more browned, turn the oven to broil in the last few minutes of cooking.
- Serve the fish tacos with warm tortillas, shredded lettuce, salsa, more Frisch's tarter sauce and lime wedges.