Ham Loaf is like a meatloaf but made with ground pork and ham, instead of ground beef. It’s country comfort food.
I remember my Mom liking ham loaf. But it was later in her life when she wasn’t cooking so much herself. A local meat market in her hometown apparently made a good one. I myself had never tried it with her unfortunately. I’m still in the mode of really connecting with her memory in the kitchen, even if this recipe was not in her personal collection. She loved ham loaf, and so I’m making one in her memory. I am really impressed with how this pork meatloaf turned out. It’s tender, juicy, sweet and savory. I can see why it was a favorite of hers.
Ingredients to make Ham Loaf
- Ground Pork (not sausage)
- Deli Ham
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Soy Sauce
- Dried Onion Flakes
- Dried Parsley
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Apricot Jam
- Yellow Mustard
What to serve with Ham Loaf
I kept it simple with this meal. I served my ham loaf with mashed potatoes and green beans. Here’s some other recipe ideas to make this a complete meal at your house…
- I use a small KitchenAid food processor to finely chop the deli ham
- I bake the meatloaf on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper
The ham loaf must be baked until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Use an instant read digital thermometer to check it.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 8 oz deli ham finely chopped or ground
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a small food processor to finely chop the deli ham. If you have a meat grinder, you can use that instead.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Panko bread crumbs, mayonnaise, soy sauce, onion flakes, parsley, garlic powders, paprika and pepper until well combined.
- Crumble the ground pork and chopped ham over the bread crumb mixture. Use your hands or a spatula to mix it all together until well combined.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Shape the pork mixture into a loaf and place it on the lined pan.
- Bake the ham loaf for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, stir together the apricot jam and mustard.
- Evenly spread the apricot glaze over the ham loaf. Return it to the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the ham loaf is at least 160 degrees F.
- Allow the ham loaf to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.