Ravioli Lasagna tastes like authentic lasagna but it is ready in a fraction of the time. Cheese ravioli layers with ground pork marinara and plenty of cheese.
My time is short in the kitchen these days. I used to make things from scratch a lot more often than I do now. Divorce, working full time, a pandemic and two busy teenagers (among other factors) will force change. And when I’m talking about cooking, I mean the daily grind. My job is creating and sharing recipes. But beyond that, I still have to cook for practical purposes. And it’s the practical, every day meals that I don’t have the time to spend on like I used to. So, that’s why things like lasagna made from ravioli happen in my kitchen now.
How to make Ravioli Lasagna
For this recipe, I was able to find all the ingredients needed at my local Target. This is not a sponsored post. My point is, you can pick up what you need while you are running other errands. While the oven is preheating to 375 degrees F, cook the ground pork in a non-stick skillet until it is no longer pink. Season it with garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Stir in the jarred pasta sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice. Remove from heat.
In a casserole dish, layer the refrigerated cheese ravioli (no need to boil it) with the meat sauce, Parmesan and shredded mozzarella cheese. Make two layers – ravioli, sauce, Parmesan, mozzarella. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Increase the temperature to 425 degrees F and bake for an additional 15 minutes, uncovered, so the cheese can get browned and bubbly on top.
What to serve with Lasagna
If you have hungry teenagers in the house (like me currently), garlic bread is a must to serve alongside lasagna. Otherwise a simple green salad or some air-fried vegetables work well.
- Casserole dish for baking the lasagna
- Non-stick pan for making the sauce
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
- 20 oz cheese ravioli
- 16 oz ground pork
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 45 oz marinara sauce I used Ragu Simply Traditional
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet, cook the ground pork until no longer pink. Season it with the garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in the marinara sauce until well combined. Stir in the lemon juice and remove from heat.
- In the prepared casserole dish, make two layers: half the ravioli, half the sauce, half the Parmesan and half the mozzarella cheese - and repeat.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover the lasagna and discard the foil. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the cheese on top is browned and bubbly.
Ana F. says
I never thought about making ravioli lasagna but this was a hit!! I served it with a side salad and it was perfect. Thanks so much for the recipe!
Very happy to hear this. Thank you!
Such an easy to make lasagna that is perfect for a weekday meal.
Yes, I agree. Thanks for the positive rating!
What a genius (and delicious!) idea! The whole family will love this!
They surely will. My kids did. 🙂
Emily Liao says
This is one of the best ravioli lasagnas I’ve had! So hearty and delicious 🙂
Thank you so much!
This is my kind of recipe! I love the idea of using ravioli and with the ground pork I bet it is deelish! I’ll be making this on the weekend!
Glad to hear this Jenn, thanks!!