Air Fryer Broccoli cooks with a lemon to squeeze over it for seasoning along with some Parmesan cheese. Crisp and tender, it is so delicious!
I’ve grilled lemon halves before with great success. So why not air fry them? But let’s back up to this fresh broccoli. I personally prefer my broccoli with some personality. In other words, I don’t like it steamed and super soft. As much I love this cruciferous vegetable, I hadn’t yet tried it in my air fryer. I like it roasted in my oven. But that’s a lot of heat to create and time to take for a simple side dish. Air Fryer Broccoli gets a little charred and has enough green and bite left in it to still be healthy. The cooked lemon and Parmesan take it over the top.
What you need for Air Fryer Broccoli
- Fresh Broccoli
- Fresh Lemon
- Vegetable Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
Is Air Fryer Broccoli Healthy?
Fresh broccoli has many, numerous health benefits as outlined in this article from Healthline. The one that stands out to me the most is that it “may slow mental decline and support healthy brain function.” Having lost my Mom to complications from dementia, I am especially cognizant of anything that might support the brain. Air frying the broccoli uses minimal fat. It’s especially tasty, meaning more will be eaten. So the answer is absolutely yes, this broccoli is healthy.
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes
- Use a sharp pairing knife to cut your broccoli into bite-sized pieces
- Metal tongs for tossing the broccoli
- Air fry the broccoli at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer
- 1 large head of fresh broccoli
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Wash the broccoli. Cut the florets into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the broccoli florets with the vegetable oil and add the broccoli to the basket of your air fryer in a single layer. Add the lemon half.
- Air fry the broccoli and lemon at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes. Open the basket halfway through cooking time. Use tongs to move the broccoli around to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Place the air fried broccoli into a clean bowl. Squeeze the juice from the lemon half over the broccoli. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.