Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes are an impressive looking and delicious side dish. Red skins drenched in parsley butter.
I am actually not sure how to make these types of potatoes without an air fryer. Until now it has not occurred to me to try and make hasselback potatoes. And I’m not sure why because they are so simple, but they look stunning on a plate. Just like with my Air Fryer Potato Skins, I start my potatoes in the microwave. This ensures the middle of the potatoes becomes tender, almost buttery, in texture. And then the air fryer finishes them perfectly. These Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes will be a terrific side for your grilled meats this summer.
What are Hasselback Potatoes?
Slicing potatoes in this way has its origin in Sweden. A chef at a restaurant in Sweden called the Hasselbacken first created them in 1953. Potatoes are sliced thinly like a fan. It makes for a lovely presentation. Here’s a video tutorial for how to slice potatoes in this manner. I don’t use chop sticks. But the video shows how to slice. You want to cut about 3/4 of the way through.
How to make Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
I use medium-size red skin potatoes for this recipe. Wash and slice the potatoes. Place the potatoes on a plate and microwave them for 8 – 10 minutes, flipping them over halfway through. Drizzle them with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt. Air fry the potatoes at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. The air fryer does a great job at crisping the skins on the outside and finishing the cooking in the middle.
While the potatoes are in the air fryer, melt butter in the microwave. Stir lemon juice, fresh parsley and salt into the melted butter. Brush the potatoes generously with the parsley butter to serve.
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes
- Times and temperatures in my recipes are guide (not set in stone) depending on the size and brand of your air fryer
- This is my favorite pairing knife for slicing jobs like this
- Use a silicone pastry brush for coating the potatoes with the parsley butter
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer
- 6 medium Red Skinned Potatoes
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Wash the potatoes and slice them like a fan - about 3/4 of the way to the bottom.
- Place the potatoes on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high power for 4 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes over and microwave for an additional 3 - 4 minutes, until the potatoes are beginning to soften
- Lightly coat the potatoes with vegetable oil and sprinkle them with salt. Transfer them to the basket of your air fryer, sliced side up.
- Air fry the potatoes at 375 degrees F for 10 - 12 minutes, or until they are tender and the skin is starting to get crispy.
- Meanwhile, microwave the butter until melted. Stir in the lemon juice, chopped parsley and a pinch of salt.
- Once the potatoes are finished air frying, brush them generously with the parsley butter to serve.