A surprisingly quick appetizer to make, you are sure to love these spinach, artichoke and goat cheese Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms.
I learned a trick from America’s Test Kitchen a long time ago in regards to stuffed mushrooms. Mushrooms contain a lot of liquid. And so precooking them before stuffing helps improve both the texture and flavor of this popular appetizer. Even with cooking the mushrooms twice, these air fryer stuffed mushrooms were so simple and easy to prepare. Just between you and me, I don’t even really like mushrooms that much! But I ate a few of these and really enjoyed them. Which means all you mushroom fanatics out there are going to love them.
What you need for Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- White Button Mushrooms
- Frozen Chopped Spinach
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Goat Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Vegetable Oil
Tips for making Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
How to Clean Mushrooms
Wiping any dirt off the mushroom caps with a damp paper towel is the best way to avoid a mushy mushroom. That being said, I tend to be lazy and just rinse mine under cold water and then let them drain a few minutes on a paper towel. These mushrooms are pre-cooked before stuffing, so that helps to remove the excess water as well.
Place the mushrooms in the air fryer basket, stemless down. Brush them with a mixture of the artichoke heart marinade and vegetable oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Air fry the mushrooms caps at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Remove the mushrooms to a clean plate. Use your hands or a small spoon to stuff them with the prepared spinach and artichoke stuffing. Be sure to drain any liquid that collects in the mushrooms as you are stuffing them.
Return the stuffed mushrooms to the air fryer basket. Air fry them at 400 degrees F for 6 minutes, or until the stuffing is starting to brown. Serve immediately.
- You can store cooked mushrooms in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to three days, but I prefer to eat these right away.
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes.
- Pastry brush for brushing on the oil marinade.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer
- 12 button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp artichoke heart marinade from the jar
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms. Gently wash and dry the mushrooms.
- Place the mushroom caps (stemless side down) in the basket of the air fryer.
- Mix together the marinade from the artichoke hearts and vegetable oil. Use a pastry brush to coat the mushrooms with the oil mixture. Season the mushrooms with the salt.
- Air fry the mushrooms at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are air frying, microwave the spinach for about 1 1/2 minutes, just until it is warm.
- Finely chop the spinach. Finely chop the artichoke hearts.
- In a clean bowl, mix together the chopped spinach, artichoke hearts, goat cheese and lemon juice. I microwaved this mixture before stirring, for about 20 seconds to soften the goat cheese before mixing.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese to the spinach and artichoke mixture.
- Use your hands or a small spoon to fill each mushroom with the spinach and artichoke mixture.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms, filling side up, into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the mushrooms at 400 degrees F for about 6 minutes, until the filling is starting to brown.
- Serve immediately.