Hawaiian Sweet Roll Sliders are mini ham and cheese sandwiches on sweet rolls, smothered in a delicious sauce. They are perfect for entertaining.
These little sandwiches seem to be ubiquitous at buffets. Though I’d never tried anything like them until I moved to Cincinnati, Ohio. I’ve made these Hawaiian Sweet Roll Sliders on multiple occasions. There’s really nothing Hawaiian about them. Other than the brand of rolls. I used to soften the butter and spread it with a knife on the insides of the rolls. But I’ve found that microwaving the butter sauce is easier. Then I can use a pastry brush to coat both the inside and outside of the sandwiches. Buttery rolls with salty ham, melted Swiss cheese and a sticky sweet sauce. What’s not to love?
How to make Hawaiian Sweet Roll Sliders
Split the rolls in half. Melt the butter. Whisk in the mustard, poppy seeds, minced onion, honey, salt and red pepper flakes (optional). Brush the bottoms of the rolls with sauce. Top with ham and Swiss cheese. Brush on another layer of sauce. Add the tops of the rolls to make sandwiches. Brush the tops of the rolls with the remaining sauce. Cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes while the oven is heating. Bake the rolls in a 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
What to serve on a buffet with Hawaiian Sweet Roll Sliders
- Cocktail Meatballs
- Pimento Cheese
- Spinach Dip
- Sweet and Spicy Cream Cheese Dip
- Ultimate Chex Party Mix
- I use Kings rolls for this recipe
- Pastry brush for putting the sauce on the sandwiches
- Spray the foil with cooking spray to prevent the sauce from sticking
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Hawaiian Sweet Roll Sliders
- 12 Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- 3/4 lb ham thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb Swiss cheese thinly sliced
- 8 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish. Whisk in the mustard, honey, poppy seeds, minced onions, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Split the rolls. Place the bottom half of the rolls in a shallow casserole dish in a single layer.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the bottoms of the rolls with the butter sauce.
- Top each bottom with ham and Swiss cheese.
- Brush the cheese with a little more sauce. Top the cheese with the top half of the rolls.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the remaining sauce.
- Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray. Place the foil over the sandwiches, cooking spray side down. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Bake the tray of sandwiches for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Serve the sandwiches warm.