Want a pasta dish exploding with flavor that is ready in a flash? Then add this Chicken and Chorizo Pasta to your weekly meal plan.
Pork chorizo sausage comes in several varieties. For this recipe you want to find it raw, in a log shape, like you would buy your favorite breakfast sausage. Cacique Pork Chorizo (9 oz) is what you are looking for. When cooking this chorizo for another dish, I noticed how it basically made it’s own sauce. And so that’s why I came up with this simple recipe for Chicken and Chorizo Pasta. The flavor in this dish is smokey and spicy. It’s hard to believe a pasta sauce so full of flavor can be created so quickly.
How to Make Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
Once the sausage is cooked, the sauce is practically done. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, including the pasta, and it is ready to serve. Keep scrolling to the bottom of this article for the full recipe and ingredient amounts.
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Chorizo Sausage
- Fire-roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Smoked Paprika
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Chives
What to Serve with Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
Salad, garlic bread and dessert. Here’s a few of my recipes to make this pasta into a complete meal:
- Brand of chorizo sausage used in this recipe
- I use a non-stick sauté pan similar to this one for preparing the sauce
- Use a heat-proof spatula for stirring
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
- 2 cups cooked, shredded white meat chicken I purchased two baked chicken breasts from the deli counter
- 9 oz chorizo sausage
- 15 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes not drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 12 oz rotini pasta cooked and drained
- In a large, non-stick sauté pan over medium heat, cook the chorizo sausage. Stirring often.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and salt and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, sour cream and cooked pasta and allow to simmer for one more minute.
- Serve the pasta topped with fresh chives and a little more sour cream.
More Pasta Recipes:
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta Sauce
- Instant Pot Bolognese
- Lemon Cream Pasta Primavera
- Roasted Autumn Vegetable Pasta