Homemade Air Fryer Egg Rolls will ruin you for the frozen kind. Filled with rotisserie chicken (or leftover pork tenderloin) these egg rolls are delicious!
I made Air Fryer Southwestern Egg Rolls the other day. They were such a hit, I figured I should try a more traditional Asian-style egg roll. And boy am I glad I did. They are simple to prepare and taste so much better than the frozen kind. If you are looking for how to air fry frozen egg rolls, you can find that information here. This is a recipe for homemade egg rolls. I used rotisserie chicken for my recipe. But I think pork tenderloin would be delicious as well.
What you need for homemade Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Rotisserie Chicken (white meat only)
- Slaw Mix
- Green Onions
- Fresh Ginger
- Fresh Garlic
- Soy Sauce
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (or Duck Sauce)
- Vegetable Oil
How to make Air Fryer Egg Rolls
The filling needs to be cooked first before rolling it into the egg roll wraps. Stir fry the green onions in vegetable oil. Season with ginger, garlic and soy sauce. Add the slaw mix and cook until it softens. Stir in the chicken and Thai sweet chili sauce. Here is a helpful video tutorial for how to roll egg rolls. These are really quick and simple to make.
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer for all my recipes
- These are the brand of egg roll wraps I use
- Duck sauce can be used instead of the Thai sweet chili sauce
- Here is the link for how to cook pork tenderloin if you’d like to use pork instead of chicken in these air fryer egg rolls
- Use a pastry brush like this for brushing the rolls with oil
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer
- 9 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup green onions white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 3 cups slaw mix cabbage and carrots
- 1 1/2 cups white rotisserie chicken meat chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce or Duck sauce
- In a large, non stick skillet over medium high heat, heat one tablespoon of the vegetable oil.
- Add the green onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for one minute, stirring often, until fragrant.
- Add the slaw mix and soy sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the cabbage and carrots start to soften.
- Stir in the chicken and Thai sweet chili sauce. Remove from heat.
- Allow the filling to cool for a bit.
- Roll about 1/4 cup of filling into each egg roll wrapper.
- Place 4 or 5 egg rolls in the basket of your air fryer. Brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Use tongs to flip the egg rolls over. Brush them again with vegetable oil.
- Cook for an additional 5 or 6 minutes until browned. Repeat the process with the remaining egg rolls.
- Serve the egg rolls with Thai chili sauce or duck sauce for dipping.