These Air Fryer Southwestern Egg Rolls are drool worthy. Crispy wonton wrappers stuffed with chicken, beans, corn, red pepper and spicy chipotle flavors.
I’ve eaten versions of southwestern egg rolls at several restaurants in the past. They’re kind of like mini chimichangas. The crispy egg roll wrappers mimic fried tortillas. And the filling combination is hard to beat. Spicy and cheesy with a hint of lime. These Air Fryer Southwestern Egg Rolls are sure to be a family favorite. And definitely put them in your rotation once football season rolls around. Everyone that tries these loves them! And they get bonus points for being a bit healthier because they are air fried instead of deep fried.
What is in Air Fryer Southwestern Egg Rolls?
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Black Beans
- Red Pepper
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Lime Juice
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
How to Make Southwestern Egg Rolls
In a large bowl, you mix together the filling ingredients – chicken, beans, corn, red pepper, cilantro, mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, lime juice, salt and shredded cheese. Once the filling is ready, assemble the egg rolls. Here is a really helpful video tutorial for how to fold egg rolls. Then you air fry the egg rolls, brushing the outsides lightly with vegetable oil, for about 10 minutes.
- This is the air fryer I use for testing all of my recipes.
- Each egg roll uses about 1/4 cup of filling. I use this cookie scoop to evenly distribute my filling into the egg roll wrappers.
- These are the egg roll wrappers I used in this recipe.
- Use this guacamole salsa for dipping.
- Use a pastry brush for brushing the egg rolls with vegetable oil.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Southwestern Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer
- 9 egg roll wrappers
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce finely chopped
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups white rotisserie chicken meat chopped
- 1/2 cup canned corn drained
- 1/2 cup black beans drained
- 1/4 cup red pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Colby Jack cheese shredded
- vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce and salt.
- Add the chicken, corn, black beans, red peppers, cilantro and shredded cheese. Mix well until combined.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the filling to each egg roll wrapper. Using the video tutorial as a guide, wrap the egg rolls, sealing the outside edge with water.
- Place the egg rolls in a single layer in your air fryer basket. I had to fry mine in two batches.
- Brush the egg rolls very lightly with vegetable oil. Cook at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Open the air fryer. Use tongs to flip the egg rolls. Brush the other side with vegetable oil. Cook at 350 for an additional 5 minutes, or until the outsides are nicely browned.
- Serve the egg rolls with guacamole salsa.