Homemade Air Fryer Chicken Tenders taste so much better than frozen tenders. They are tender inside and crunchy outside and so easy to make.
I always have a bag of chicken nuggets in the freezer for emergency kid snacking. But I’ve never really found a good frozen chicken tender. Once again, my air fryer has come to my rescue. Now I can make chicken tenders at home. And feel good about feeding them to my kids. They are surprisingly quick to assemble. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – the air fryer works magic on protein. Chicken, fish, steak, pork, shrimp, ground beef. My air fryer cooks it all perfectly. And these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are no exception.
What you need for Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
I decided not to use flour for my breading. I had a box of corn flakes in my pantry leftover from this recipe for Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies. It had a recipe on the box for fried chicken, breaded with corn flakes. Plus I remembered America’s Test Kitchen mentioning that corn flakes make a delicious, crunchy coating for chicken.
- Chicken Tenders
- Corn Flakes
- Smoked Paprika
- Lemon Juice
Are Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Healthy?
They are so much healthier than deep fried chicken tenders. Less calories and less fat. But this recipe still gives you tender chicken with a flavorful and crunchy exterior. They are perfect for making a Fried Chicken Salad. Which is one of my favorite things to order out.
What to serve with Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Homemade ranch dressing is a must for dipping these chicken tenders. Here’s a recipe for homemade ranch that I really like. And here’s some more recipes to help make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders into a meal.
- Oven Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Homemade Biscuits
- Garlic and Bacon Green Beans
- Copycat KFC Coleslaw
- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- My Philips XXL Air Fryer tests all my recipes
- Always use a digital meat thermometer to test for doneness – chicken must be at least 165 degrees F for safe eating
- Use a rolling pin to crush your corn flakes – or process them in a food processor
- Use wide, shallow bowls for your egg batter and cornflake coating
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer
- 12 chicken tenders boneless, skinless
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Pat the chicken tenders dry with paper towels. Trim them of any visible fat if necessary.
- In a wide, shallow bowl whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise and lemon juice until completely smooth.
- Place the corn flakes, smoked paprika and salt in a heavy duty, zippered bag. I had to use two bags so they didn't rip. Use a rolling pin to crush up the corn flakes and shake the bag to evenly distribute the seasonings.
- Dump the seasoned corn flake crumbs into another wide, shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken tender in the egg batter to coat. Then dip the coated tenders into the seasoned corn flake crumbs, pressing on the crumbs to make sure they stick to the chicken.
- Place the coated chicken tenders into the air fryer, being sure they aren't touching. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you might have to cook the tenders in two batches.
- Cook the tenders at 400 degrees F until they are at least 165 degrees. This took 12 minutes in my air fryer. There is no need to flip the tenders halfway through cooking time.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Southwestern Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Chicken Chimichangas