Air Fryer Steak with Shrimp Cream Sauce combines perfectly cooked petite sirloin steaks in the air fryer with a scrumptious shrimp cream sauce made in minutes on the stovetop. Thank you to the Ohio Beef Council for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are mine alone.
I was so excited when my friends at Ohio Beef said I could make steak in the air fryer for Valentine’s Day. There’s a lot to love about this meal. The steaks topped with shrimp cream sauce look fancy on the plate. It’s an impressive meal to serve your date that takes just about 20 minutes to prepare. And of course the meal is absolutely delicious.
Why Air Fry Steak?
The high heat and constant air circulation provided by the air fryer ensures a perfectly cooked steak. I chose petite sirloin steaks because they are beautiful pieces of protein. They are well marbled, but still lean. And sirloin steaks are much less expensive per pound than filet mignon steaks. Since I chose to top these steaks with a shrimp cream sauce, cost was a factor in planning this meal.
Ohio Beef on Valentine’s Day:
Beef is the perfect centerpiece to a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner. Ohio beef provides a nutritious and heart-healthy meal for your Valentine. February is also American Heart Month, so add lean beef to your diet. Research shows that enjoying lean beef as part of a heart-healthy diet can help maintain normal cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease risk. Enjoy tasty, American Heart Association-approved recipes featuring beef this month.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Steak:
White and rosé wines work well with beef dishes. I chose to pair these air fryer steaks and shrimp cream sauce with a dry Sauvignon Blanc. As for sides and desserts to go with this air fryer steak, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli are simple, delicious options. Plus I think my Chocolate Lava Cakes are an absolute must to end this meal on a sweet note.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Steak with Shrimp Cream Sauce
- Air Fryer
- 2 6 oz petite sirloin steaks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 12 medium shrimp peeled, deveined, tail removed, raw
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Set the steaks on a plate and allow them to warm up a bit out of the fridge, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle the steaks evenly on both sides with the 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- Place the steaks in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes. Flip the steaks over and cook for an additional 6 minutes. Check the internal temperature of the steaks. Remove the steaks once the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F - which is about a medium cook.
- While the steak is cooking in the air fryer, prepare the shrimp cream sauce.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes, until the shrimp starts to turn pink, stirring the shrimp often. Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the wine and cream and bring to a simmer. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the chives and remove from heat.
- Serve the steaks topped with the shrimp cream sauce.
More Recipes with Ohio Beef:
- Beef Bourguignon Meatballs
- Make Ahead Beef Burgundy Pot Pies
- Osso Buco Slow Cooker Ragu
- Slow Roasted Beef Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs