This was our dinner last night. Both children gobbled it up. Caleb had seconds. Utilizing a rotisserie chicken and frozen Puff Pastry made quick work of this meal. I already had the hoisin sauce on-hand from making these lettuce wraps. The rolls contain plenty of fresh veggies and I served them with a baby spinach and mandarin orange salad. For the dressing, I simply whisked together a little oil, vinegar and pinch of salt. I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
Kid-Friendly Chicken Egg Rolls
- 2 sheets Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry thawed
- 1 1/2 c. cooked shredded chicken (use Rotisserie for faster prep)
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1 t. sesame seed oil
- 1 c. carrots peeled and chopped fine
- 1 c. broccoli florets chopped fine
- 1/2 c. red pepper chopped fine
- 1/2 c. green onions sliced
- 1/3 c. hoisin sauce
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. sirarcha sauce
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold thawed puff pastry and roll out so it's about an inch bigger on all sides. Cut each into four equal rectangles.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat the oils to medium heat. Add carrots and cook for 5-6 minutes until beginning to soften. Add the rest of the vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally for another 5 or so minutes. Add the shredded chicken, sauces, and garlic powder. Stir well to combine and remove from heat.
- Evenly distribute filling among the 8 pieces of puff pastry (about 1/2 cup). Fold 2 sides inward, and then roll up like a burrito.
- Place rolls, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.