This Pulled Pork Burger is the ultimate tailgating sandwich; a pork burger on a brioche bun topped with BBQ pulled pork and bacon. Thank you to the Ohio Pork Council for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are mine alone.
This Pulled Pork Burger is a triple pork delight. Ground pork burgers browned in butter and then braised in beer for the most juicy burger you’ll ever eat. The burger is stacked on a brioche bun with BBQ pulled pork and bacon. It’s kind of insane and your tailgating (or homegating) friends will be impressed. This recipe is great for when you have leftover pulled pork.
How to Make a Pulled Pork Burger
Start with 100% ground pork and season it with smoked paprika, BBQ sauce and salt. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet. Sear the pork burgers in the skillet. Add some light beer. Finish cooking them in the oven.
Make your own pulled pork or purchase some from your favorite BBQ joint. For assembling the burgers, set out:
- Brioche Buns
- Cooked Bacon
- Red Onion
- Dill Pickles
- Cheddar Cheese Slices
- BBQ Sauce
What to serve with your burgers
Here’s some more tailgating favorites to serve alongside your epic Pulled Pork Burgers:
- Southern Cheese Fries
- Pulled Pork Nachos
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Brown Sugar Baked Beans
Facts about Ohio Pork
- A 3 oz. serving of pork provides nine key nutrients and is packed with protein.
- Pork is the most consumed animal protein in the world.
- 53% of all homes keep bacon on hand at all times.
- The safe minimum cooking temperature for ground pork is 160 degrees F.
- Always use a meat thermometer to make sure your pork is cooked to a safe temperature.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Pulled Pork Burger
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup light beer
- 1 cup BBQ pulled pork
- 8 slices bacon cooked
- 4 brioche buns
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- red onion, pickles, mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together the ground pork with the salt, smoked paprika and BBQ sauce. Form it into four burgers.
- Heat the butter in a large, non-stick, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add the four burgers and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until starting brown. Flip the burgers and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the beer to the skillet.
- Put the pan in the oven and allow the burgers to braise for 10-15 minutes, or until the center of each burger reaches 160 degrees F.
- Serve each burger on a brioche bun. Topped with BBQ pulled pork, a slice of cheddar, bacon, pickles, red onion and mayonnaise.
More recipes with Ohio Pork
- Pulled Pork Recipe
- Broiled Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Bourbon Brined Pork with Candied Bacon Butter
- Pork Carnitas