These bourbon brined pork steaks with candied bacon butter will quite possibly provide you with the most amazing pork eating experience you have ever had! Thank you to the Ohio Pork Council for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are mine alone.
When I think of steak I used to exclusively think of beef. But if you’re looking to change things up in a really tasty way (plus save a few dollars per pound) then I highly recommend trying a pork steak the next time you decide to fire up your grill. These pork steaks are brined in bourbon for an extra juicy eating experience. And then finished with a dollop of butter mixed with candied bacon. Oh my gosh, it is a flavor explosion for your mouth!
Watch how to make Bourbon Brined Pork Steaks with Candied Bacon Butter:
What is Pork Steak?
Pork steaks are cut from the pork shoulder and contain the blade bone. They are flavorful and tender because they are well marbled. Pork steaks are a popular and quick-cooking cut for grilling.
Can Pork Steak be pink?
A blush of pink in your pork steak means tender, delicious, and safe to eat! It is perfectly safe and recommended to cook pork to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (with a three minute rest before serving) to ensure tender and juicy pork. This temperature is recommended by the Ohio Pork Council.
What to serve with Pork Steak:
I have a lot of side dish, salad and dessert options to make these bourbon brined pork steaks with candied bacon butter into a meal…
- Oven Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Cheesy Potatoes
- Perfect Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Cheesy Pimento Broccoli Casserole
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- Fresh Cherry and Asparagus Salad
- Bourbon Glazed Kentucky Butter Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Bourbon Brined Pork Steaks with Candied Bacon Butter
- 4 8 oz bone-in pork steaks
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 20 whole peppercorns
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat, bring the water, 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of salt to a boil until the sugar and salt have completely melted. Remove the water from the heat.
- Pour the sugar and salted water into a shallow dish that will fit all four of the pork steaks.
- To the water mixture add the bourbon, peppercorns, rosemary, garlic powder, allspice, cinnamon stick and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Add the pork steaks and refrigerate for four hours. Turn the pork steaks over in the brine mixture halfway through the brining time.
- While the pork is brining, lightly coat each of the bacon strips with the remaining brown sugar. Bake the bacon - see my recipe for baked bacon for full instructions.
- Once the bacon is cooled, crumble and mix it into the softened butter.
- Rinse the brined pork steaks in cold water and dry them with paper towels. Grill until the pork steaks reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Top each steak with about a tablespoon of the candied bacon butter and allow the butter to melt into the pork steaks. Serve.
Leave a Reply