Use up those Easter leftovers in this strange but wonderful Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich with Asparagus Mayonnaise. Sponsored post by Mirum. All opinions are my own.
Who serves ham and asparagus for Easter dinner? And do you usually have leftovers after a big holiday meal? I have a clever way to use some of those leftovers with this Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich with Asparagus Mayonnaise. Have you ever heard of asparagus mayonnaise? I hadn’t so I made it up!
This sandwich can be changed up depending on your favorite cheese and bread. I happen to love a light Deli rye bread and baby Swiss cheese. And let me tell you the combination of a pretty traditional ham and cheese sandwich is totally amped up with this asparagus mayonnaise. You really have to try it!
In a food processor I simply blended some leftover cooked asparagus (I usually grill or sauté my fresh asparagus) with a little fresh parsley, lemon juice, pinch of salt and Hellmann’s mayonnaise. It’s a perfectly delicious “strangewich”. Strange + Sandwich
Tips for making a Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich with Asparagus Mayonnaise:
- Use Hellmann’s Mayonnaise instead of butter for grilling – it gives the outside of your sandwich a crisp coating that is delicious
- Find everything you need for this #PerfectlyStrangewich at Kroger – they have all you need for your Easter meal
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Grilled Ham and Cheese with Asparagus Mayonnaise
- 4 slices light Rye bread
- 8 oz. leftover ham
- 2 large slices of Swiss cheese
- 6 tbsp Hellmann's mayonnaise divided
- 1/3 cup leftover asparagus
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a small food processor, blend together 1/4 cup of the Hellmann's mayonnaise with the asparagus, parsley, lemon juice and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble the sandwiches with the ham, baby Swiss and a generous smear of the asparagus mayonnaise. Reserve leftover asparagus mayonnaise (if any) for more sandwiches.
- Spread the outside of both sandwiches with the remaining Hellmann's mayonnaise.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Grill the sandwiches on both sides until lightly browned and the cheese is completely melted. Serve immediately.