With just four main ingredients this is the easiest broccoli salad you can make to take along to your next picnic.
Broccoli salad is one of those standard sides that everyone seems to expect to find at a picnic or potluck. This recipe from my friend Ali is the easiest broccoli salad I have ever made and everyone loves it. Sometimes simple is best and that is definitely the case with this recipe.
How to prepare broccoli salad:
Use fresh broccoli for this recipe. There is no need to cook the broccoli before adding it to the salad. In fact, cooked broccoli mixed with the slaw dressing gets mushy and weird which is not a pleasant eating experience. Click HERE to find out how to cook the bacon for this salad. And I always prefer the taste of freshly shredded cheddar cheese over the pre-shredded variety.
Can broccoli salad be made ahead of time?
Yes. In fact broccoli salad tastes better after it’s been allowed to sit in the refrigerator overnight. The flavors blend together and the dressing makes the raw broccoli just slightly softer for a great texture. This is a great side to make ahead for entertaining purposes.
What goes with this easiest broccoli salad?
When I think of broccoli salad I always think of picnics and potlucks. So here’s some of my other favorite foods that I like to bring and serve at those types of gatherings…
- Chicken Salad Recipe
- Bruschetta Pasta Salad
- Greek Rice Salad
- Perfectly Grilled Pork Chops
- Lemon Pesto Turkey Burgers
- Grilled Strawberry Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Raspberry Peach Tea Trifle
- I like these bowls for storing salads in the refrigerator.
- This is my favorite pairing knife for chopping and peeling vegetables.
- Be sure to visit my post HERE for the best way to cook bacon.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Easiest Broccoli Salad
- 2 heads broccoli stems removed and florets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Marzetti all-natural slaw dressing
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to mix well. Allow to refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight, before serving.