This Raspberry Peach Tea Trifle made with Milo’s award-winning tea is the perfect dessert to pack in a picnic. Thanks to Milo’s Tea Company for sponsoring this post. All opinions are mine alone.
When I think of the ideal beverage for summer I think of iced tea. My Mom always had a gallon-jug of it ready in the refrigerator when I was growing up. These days I prefer my iced tea unsweetened or with a little fresh fruit or mint floating in it. I’ve made cocktails with tea before. And now I’m incorporating it into this perfectly packable dessert. My kids were my taste-testers for this Raspberry Peach Tea Trifle and they absolutely loved it.
How to make a trifle:
A trifle is just a layered dessert, usually with some sort of cake, flavored cream and fruit. In this case I borrowed inspiration from a classic tiramisu and soaked lady fingers in the Milo’s Famous Unsweet Tea before layering it into the dessert. It gives the dessert an extra punch of tea flavor. My whipping cream is flavored with tea also, plus peach jam and powdered sugar for sweetness. Plus, some cream cheese for a little tang and to give the cream body so it doesn’t melt. I made this trifle in individual jars for easy packing but it could be layered into one large glass bowl as well.
Can this trifle be made the day before:
Yes. This dessert will hold up well to being refrigerated overnight. Meaning it’s a great option for entertaining. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on the size of your crowd. Be sure and buy another jug of Milo’s tea so your guests can enjoy a tall glass of iced tea with their Raspberry Peach Tea Trifle.
Learn more about Milo’s Award Winning Tea:
- Milo’s beverages are all natural and contain no preservatives or added acids, are fresh brewed from real tea leaves, and they have a clean ingredient list.
- Their award winning tea is available in sweetened with pure cane sugar, no calorie sweetened with sucralose or unsweet. I used the unsweet variety in this recipe.
- Find Milo’s in the refrigerated juice section of your local supermarket and use their product locator to find a retailer near you: https://drinkmilos.com/locate
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Raspberry Peach Tea Trifle
- 24 lady fingers
- 6 oz fresh raspberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Milo's Unsweet Tea divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup peach jam
- With a hand or stand mixer, whip together the whipping cream, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the Milo's tea, powdered sugar and peach jam. Start the mixer on low and gradually increase the speed to high, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary, until the mixture is smooth and stiff like whipped cream.
- Cut each lady finger in half. Lightly dip each cake into the remaining 1/2 cup of Milo's tea.
- Layer half of the tea-soaked lady fingers into the bottom of small glass jars (about 3 halves per jar) or a large glass bowl. Top with half of the peach tea whipped cream. Top with half of the raspberries.
- Repeat the layers - tea-soaked lady fingers, peach tea whipped cream and raspberries. Chill until ready to serve. Can be made one day ahead and kept covered in the refrigerator.