Grab a blender and let me show you how simple it is to make strawberry purée that is healthy and all natural.
No need for fresh strawberries here. This strawberry purée is made with just three ingredients: frozen, whole strawberries, sugar and fresh lemon juice. Why write about strawberry purée? Strawberries are my favorite fruit. I grew up near Troy, Ohio – home of a very popular, annual Strawberry Festival. Picking strawberries was something I did with my mom every year and now I do with my kids. Plus my French Strawberry Cake is one of my most popular recipes. So it makes sense for me to explore all possibilities of strawberry recipes.
Can Strawberry Purée be Frozen?
Yes, of course. This strawberry purée keeps for up to three days in the refrigerator. It will freeze for up to three months in an air-tight container.
Is Strawberry Purée Healthy?
Only a small amount of sugar is needed to sweeten the frozen strawberries. So yes this strawberry purée is healthy. It’s a great way to add natural strawberry flavoring to plain yogurt.
Uses for Strawberry Purée
- Mixed into plain yogurt or as part of a yogurt and fruit parfait
- Stir it together with some balsamic vinegar, olive oil and a little salt for a summery salad dressing
- As a mixer for cocktails – make a regular mojito into a strawberry mojito
- Blended with vanilla ice cream for a strawberry milkshake
- Sauce for oatmeal, pancakes or waffles
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
- 16 oz bag frozen, whole strawberries
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- fresh lemon juice
- Place the strawberries, sugar and a small squeeze of fresh lemon juice in a high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in an air-tight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.