Summer has officially taken over around here. My skin and brain are fried. This June is the first time my blog has exploded while my kids are home from school… and I’m feeling frazzled. Too much work is a good thing. Too much kid time is a good thing. Together they are making my introverted personality short-circuit. If the whole summer is like this, I’ll need an employee to help me through it all next summer!
My point in sharing my little rant is to explain why my Freezer Fridays series will be more random through the rest of the summer. I still will be bringing you freezer recipes on Fridays when I can, it’s just not going to happen every Friday of the summer. So I’ve decided not to continue my link parties through the summer. I hope you understand…
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
This week, The Peach Truck came to visit. Fresh, freestone peaches direct from Georgia. And my husband was the one who got to wait in the 30-minute line to purchase them… lucky him! So needless to say, I had a whole lot of peaches to do something with this week.
Freezer jam is one of the ways I used them up. Thanks to A Farm Girl’s Dabbles, I was able to make about 5 cups of this fragrant peach vanilla jam in roughly 15 minutes. So quick and easy. Now this peachy treat is just waiting to be devoured on toast the rest of this summer and probably into the fall. Pretty peachy-keen, right?!
Peach Freezer Jam
- 3 c. fresh peaches
- 1 T. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 a vanilla bean split in half length-wise
- 1 box 1.75 oz. SURE-JELL fruit pectin
- 1/2 c. water
- Peel, seed and slice the fresh peaches.
- In a large glass bowl, add the peaches, lemon juice and sugar. Mash together with a potato masher... you will still have some small chunks of fresh peaches with the juice.
- Scrape the vanilla bean into the bowl and mix well. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, mix together the SURE-JELL and water. Heat over high and boil the mixture for 1 minute.
- Add the SURE-JELL mixture to the peach mixture and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Ladle the peach jam into clean 1-cup jars (I used Ball freezer jars). Freeze until ready to use.