These mini desserts bake in less than 20 minutes. Box of Chocolates Cheesecake is perfectly portable and delicious.
I made a batch of Mini Egg Cheesecake right before Easter using my tried and true mini cheesecake recipe. Recently I decided to take that same recipe and make yet another version of it. I love repurposing recipes – especially dessert. My famous French Strawberry Cake is another recipe that I have played with over the years, with great success. These cheesecakes are perfect for entertaining. They look a little fancy with very minimal effort. And they transport well in the cupcake pan they are baked in.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
What you need for Box of Chocolates Cheesecake
- Dark Chocolate Oreos
- Cream Cheese
- Bittersweet Chocolate Bar
- Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Box of Chocolates
How to make Box of Chocolates Cheesecake
Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Place a dark chocolate Oreo in the bottom of each cupcake liner. With a hand or stand mixer, beat together softened cream cheese with sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Melt the bittersweet chocolate in the microwave. Beat the melted chocolate into the cheesecake batter.
Fill the cupcake liners to the top with the prepared cheesecake batter. Bake the mini cheesecakes at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes. Allow to cool on the counter and then refrigerate overnight. Melt the dark chocolate wafers and drop a small spoonful of melted chocolate on top of each cheesecake. Then top each cheesecake with a boxed chocolate candy.
- Cookie scoop for filling the cupcake liners with cheesecake batter
- Brand of bittersweet and dark chocolate I used
- I like these cupcake liners
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Box of Chocolates Cheesecake
- 14 Dark Chocolate Oreos
- 2 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese softened
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 oz Bittersweet Baking Bar melted
- dark chocolate melting wafers
- 14 boxed chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cupcake tins with 14 liners.
- Place one Dark Chocolate Oreo Cookie in the bottom of each liner.
- Put the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl. Use a hand or stand mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and melted bittersweet chocolate. Beat again until well combined.
- Use a large scoop to place about 1/4 cup of the cheesecake batter into each cupcake liner. They should be filled to the top.
- Bake 17 - 20 minutes, or until cheesecakes are puffed up and still have a little "jiggle" in the center, rotating the pans halfway through baking time.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool on the counter and then chill them in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, melt about 1/2 cup of the dark chocolate wafers in the microwave and top each cheesecake with a small dollop of the melted chocolate. This is to help the boxed chocolates stick to the cheescakes.
- Top each cheesecake with a boxed chocolate to serve.