My Mom’s recipe for Microwave Fudge is the best, most creamy and dreamy fudge you’ll ever make. It’s foolproof and customizable for gift giving.
My Mom’s Microwave Fudge was one of my favorite treats at the holidays. In going through her recipe cards this year, it made my must-make pile. Her recipe includes milk, but for some reason she didn’t include an amount. If I haven’t said it here before, please make sure you make favorite family recipes alongside your loved ones while they are still living. Because once they’re gone, you might be left with a mystery. Cooking and baking are my favorite ways to remember and try to connect with my Mom and Grandma. I miss them both, but at least their memory lives on in their recipes. And thankfully for you, the internet provided me with the correct amount of milk for this microwave fudge recipe.
What you Need for Mom’s Microwave Fudge
- Powdered Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Salted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
Topping Ideas for Mom’s Microwave Fudge
While the fudge is still soft, sprinkle it with a topping before refrigerating it. Here’s some ideas…
- Crushed Peppermints
- Mini M&M’s
- Chopped Walnuts
- Crumbled Reese’s Cups
- Crushed Graham Crackers and Mini Marshmallows
- Let the fudge cool in a disposable pan with a lid so it’s ready for gifting
- This is the brand of cocoa powder I use in this recipe
- I use whatever milk I have on hand, usually 1% or 2%
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Mom's Microwave Fudge
- 1 lb (box) Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 stick Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the confectioner's sugar with the cocoa powder.
- In a microwave safe glass measuring cup or bowl, melt the butter. Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour the melted butter mixture into the sugar and cocoa powder mixture.
- Stir with a spatula until smooth and completely combined.
- Spread the fudge into an 8x8 or 9x9 pan. Smooth the top. Sprinkle with toppings if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to slice, at least one hour.
Leave a Reply