One unique ingredient helps make this the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip and it can be made in the oven or a slow cooker.
Buffalo Chicken Dip makes its appearance often at my parties. And I keep saying I need to publish it here but never getting around to it. With March Madness on the horizon, I’m finally getting around to sharing my secrets for the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip.
What makes this buffalo chicken dip the best?
There’s no bottled dressing in it. Instead, I add my blue cheese flavor with this Roka Blue Cheese Spread. It’s my secret ingredient that is not so secret anymore. This is not a sponsored post.
Should you bake or slow cook Buffalo Chicken Dip?
I make it both ways. Putting all the ingredients in a slow cooker means it stays fresh and warm for several hours – perfect for a party. But baking it makes it puff up and gives some extra texture to the cheese that is really delicious. It’s a personal preference.
Rotisserie chicken is the way to go!
Please don’t use canned chicken in this dip. I always buy a rotisserie chicken and use both the white and dark meat in my dip. You can just use the white meat if you prefer. But the taste and texture of rotisserie chicken is about a thousand times better than canned chicken.
More tips for the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- I use my stand mixer to make quick and easy work of mixing this dip.
- A 4 or 6 quart slow cooker is ideal for heating this dip.
- I use a baking dish similar to this one for baking the dip.
- I like serving a variety of dippers for this dip – celery sticks, crackers, pretzels and tortilla chips are great choices. Depending on your dippers, this recipe is friendly for low-carb and gluten-free.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz full fat sour cream
- 5 oz Roka Blue Cheese Dip
- 1/2 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce use less if you want a more mild dip
- celery, crackers, pretzels, tortilla chips for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Or preheat a slow cooker on high heat.
- With a hand or stand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, sour cream, Roka blue cheese, Ranch dip mix, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and the Frank's Buffalo Sauce. Stir in the shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Spread the dip in a greased baking dish if baking. Or spread it into the slow cooker.
- Top the dip with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the dip at 375 degrees F for about 25 minutes, or until the cheese is starting to puff in the middle.
- Or heat the dip in the slow cooker on high until hot. Turn to low or warm setting to keep warm for serving.
- Serve the dip with a variety of dippers - celery sticks, pretzels, crackers and/or tortilla chips.
More Delicious Dip Recipes:
- Ultimate Pizza Dip
- Guinness Cheddar Dip
- Ultimate Reuben Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Copycat Jarlsberg Cheese Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Celery Dip
- Seven Layer Hoagie Dip
- Creamy Peanut Butter Dip