This Jalapeño Popper Dip is truly a crowd pleasing appetizer. Set it out and watch it disappear.
Of all the foods we served and ate at our house this past holiday season I would have to say this jalapeño popper dip was hands down the most popular. My friend Ali brought it to our ugly sweater party and our guests were like vultures with it. The popper dip was the first thing to disappear and everyone was begging for the recipe.
Ali found her recipe inspiration here and she gave me permission to share it with you. Trust me you’ll be so glad to have this recipe. For such a crowd pleasing appetizer it could not be simpler to make. It can be whipped together last minute and will make you the hero of any gathering.
It goes well with all kinds of dippers too. I photographed it here with tortilla chips to get across the idea that it is a spicy dip with a Mexican flair. But sliced baguette or buttery crackers will also work well to help deliver the cheesy jalapeño goodness to your mouth.
I would much prefer to make this dip instead of trying to make and fry individual jalapeño poppers. If I’m in a restaurant I’ll order some poppers but at home this dip totally hits the spot. As always be sure to PIN this recipe because you don’t want to forget about this Jalapeño Popper Dip!
Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 2 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 oz) diced fire roasted green chiles drained
- 3 oz diced jalapeno peppers drained (these come in a 4 oz can too - if you like a lot of heat go ahead and use the full can)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a shallow baking dish (about 4 cup capacity).
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and lime juice until smooth.
- Fold in the drained green chiles and jalapeño peppers.
- Spread the dip evenly into the prepared baking dish and evenly top the dip with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until dip is bubbling and top is a light golden brown. Serve immediately.