Your favorite buffalo flavors in a chicken dip made for crisp celery dippers – low carb friendly and ready for football season.
I’ve been out of the blogging game for about five weeks now. Blogging for a living without a working kitchen is a bit challenging but I’m back in the game now and just in time for football season! I hopped on my Facebook page to make this dip first in a live tutorial. Notre Dame kicks off their season today with a home game against Temple. If you’ve been reading for awhile you know my son is a Notre Dame football fanatic.
I knew I needed a snack for the game because more than anything football season is about the food for me. But this year I’m trying to find some lower carb, more vegetable focused food to eat on game day. Fall, football snacking, all things pumpkin and comfort food in general lead right into the holidays and that’s just a recipe for puffing up. I’d like to remain the same size by the time January rolls around this year and this Buffalo Chicken Celery Dip is a snack that can help me do that.
What’s your favorite food to snack on during football season? Let me know in the comments!
Buffalo Chicken Celery Dip
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce I used Frank's brand
- 1 1/2 cups white meat chicken shredded
- 2 cups celery cut into bite-sized pieces
- Use a fork to break up and blend the blue cheese into the whipped cream cheese.
- Add the garlic salt, chopped jalapeno and buffalo sauce to the cream cheese and stir well to combine.
- Stir the chicken into the buffalo cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Serve the buffalo chicken dip with celery.