Seven Layer Hoagie Dip has all the flavor of a classic Italian hoagie in a convenient dip form. Just in time for football season.
I am beyond excited about football season. It’s one of my favorite things during my absolute favorite season of the year. Around here we follow the Cincinnati Bengals (Cincinnati Nachos) and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Scotch Egg Rolls). And because we live in Ohio the Buckeyes are a sentimental favorite (Buckeye Brownies).
So since I’ve already shared several football food recipes I decided that I should most definitely participate in my first #SundaySupper roundup that is football themed. Be sure and scroll past my recipe today for links to a plethora of recipes for all your tailgating and ‘homegating’ needs!
I had seen a version of Hoagie Dip in a bread bowl but I decided to put my own spin on it by mimicking a traditional Seven Layer Dip with Hoagie flavors instead. The bottom layer is a simple mix of white beans, whipped cream cheese and your favorite brand of Italian dressing. Spread that on the bottom of a square dish and layer with drained petite cut tomatoes, lettuce, quick pickled onions, salami, shredded mozzarella cheese and yellow pepper rings. Pack some fresh sliced baguette for dipping and you are ready for some football!
Seven Layer Hoagie Dip
- 1 15 oz can white beans drained
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 15 oz can petite cut diced tomatoes drained
- 1 1/2 cups iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup salami chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper rings pepperoncini
- 1 baguette thinly sliced
- In a small jar, combine the sliced onions, salt, sugar and vinegar. Allow to soak while preparing the other ingredients.
- Using a food processor, puree the beans, cream cheese, Italian dressing and garlic. Spread this mixture evenly in the bottom of a square dish.
- Evenly spread the drained tomatoes on top of the bean mixture.
- Evenly spread the lettuce on top of the tomatoes.
- Drain the onions and spread the quick pickled onions on top of the lettuce.
- Evenly spread the salami on top of the onions.
- Evenly spread the cheese on top of the salami.
- Evenly spread the pepperoncini on top of the cheese.
- Allow the dip to chill for about an hour.
- Serve with baguette slices for dipping.
Watch how to make Seven Layer Hoagie Dip:
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.