Air Fryer Hot Pockets are far superior to those heated up in the microwave, with a very crispy crust, it’s the perfect quick lunch.
Do I really need to post a “recipe” for air fryer hot pockets? The answer is yes. Most packaging hasn’t caught up yet to the air fryer craze. Hot pockets still come packaged with a crisping sleeve for microwave cooking. To be honest, hot pockets used to be one of the last quick, frozen snack/lunch options I’d reach for. But I tried them in my air fryer recently, and I have changed my mind about them. Texture is a “thing” for me. I am not into mushy. But the air fryer crisps the crust of any kind of hot pocket, giving me a really tasty option for a quick lunch.
What kind of hot pockets can you make in the air fryer?
Any kind of frozen hot pockets!
- Regular (like the Chicken Broccoli and Cheddar I have pictured)
- Big & Bold (like Buffalo Style Chicken or Double Pepperoni Pizza)
- Breakfast Hot Pockets (like Sausage Egg and Cheese)
How to cook frozen hot pockets in the air fryer
Remove the plastic wrap and discard the crisping sleeve that each hot pocket comes with. Place the hot pocket in the air fryer basket. Most air fryers can probably cook three to four hot pockets at a time. Be sure to not crowd them. For even cooking, the hot pockets should be separate, so the hot air can easily circulate around the entire surface area.
Is it necessary to preheat?
I don’t preheat my air fryer for any recipe. It heats up very quickly so it is not necessary.
Should you use cooking spray?
Not with hot pockets! They get very crispy with no oil.
Also, you should never, ever use a cooking spray like Pam that has an aerosol type sprayer. The chemicals in these sprays will damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer basket. I sometimes will brush a light coating of oil on frozen foods, like corn dogs, to mimic deep frying. But oil is not necessary for hot pockets.
What temperature do you air fry hot pockets at?
- Regular: 350 degrees F
- Big & Bold: 375 degrees F
- Breakfast: 350 degrees F
How many minutes do you air fryer a hot pocket?
- Regular: 10-11 minutes
- Big & Bold: 12-13 minutes
- Breakfast: 10-11 minutes
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes
- Make a hot pocket into a healthy meal by serving it with cut veggies and ranch dressing, air fryer brussels sprouts or spinach strawberry salad
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Hot Pockets
- Air Fryer
- 2 Hot Pockets
- Remove the plastic wrap and discard the crisping sleeve for each hot pocket.
- Place two hot pockets directly in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the hot pockets at 350 degrees F for 10-11 minutes.
- Serve immediately.