Air Fryer Garlic Bread perfectly toasts fresh garlic cloves in the air fryer then makes the most delicious, homemade loaf of garlic bread.
I discovered a unique recipe for garlic bread a few years ago that calls for dry toasting the garlic cloves. I swear by it now. The only downside to making that bread is heating up the entire house to bake it in the oven. The bread is absolutely delicious. But it’s not always worth the time to make it in the oven. Guess what? The air fryer comes to the rescue once again! It does double duty here. First you toast the garlic. Then you toast the bread. It is perfection. So much better than those frozen loaves at the store. And it’s super simple to make!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Ingredients needed for Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Bakery Bread ( I used sourdough)
- Fresh Garlic (6 cloves)
- Salted Butter
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make Air Fryer Garlic Bread
Toast the garlic cloves first
This is why my recipe is unique! Air fry the (unpeeled) garlic cloves first. It makes them taste sweet and mellow, less bitter. Place six cloves of garlic into the basket of your air fryer. Air fry them at 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes, or until the skins are papery and the cloves have softened.
Press them through a garlic press
I love this garlic press because I don’t have to peel the cloves before I use the press. But after air frying, the skins are papery thin and pretty easy to remove. If you don’t own a garlic press, just finely chop the garlic.
Prepare the butter
Soften the butter in the microwave. Stir it together with the air-fried garlic, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Butter the bread
Cut the bread to fit your air fryer basket and cut it in half, lengthwise. Spread both halves of the bread with the garlic butter.
Air fry the garlic bread
Place the loaf of bread back together like a sandwich, with the two buttered sides facing each other. Air fry the loaf of garlic bread at 350 degrees F for about 3 minutes. Remove the top half of the bread to a cutting board. Air fry half the loaf, buttered side up, at 400 degrees F for 3 minutes. Remove that half and air fry the other half, also at 400 degrees for 3 minutes. Slice the bread and serve.
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes.
- Click to find all my Best Air Fryer Recipes.
- Serve the garlic bread with your favorite pasta.
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fryer
- 1 small loaf of bakery bread sourdough or Italian are good choices
- 6 cloves garlic unpeeled
- 6 tbsp salted butter softened
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Place the unpeeled cloves of garlic in the basket of the air fryer.
- Air fry them at 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes, or until the skins are loose and papery and the garlic has started to soften.
- Remove the skin and finely chop or press the garlic cloves.
- Stir together the prepared garlic with the softened butter, Parmesan cheese and parsley. If you only have unsalted butter, add about a 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the mix.
- Cut the bread in half from end to end (lengthwise). I had to cut off a bit from both ends of my loaf (and reserve for another use) to make my loaf of bread fit inside my air fryer basket.
- Spread both halves of bread evenly with the garlic butter.
- Sandwich the bread back together, buttered sides facing each other.
- Place the whole loaf into the basket of the air fryer and fry at 350 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Remove the top half of the loaf and set it on a clean cutting board.
- Air fry the bottom half of the bread loaf, buttered side up, at 400 degrees F for about 3 minutes, or until the butter is melted and just starting to look toasty.
- Remove that half and air fry the other half, again at 400 degrees F for the same amount of time.
- Slice the bread and serve immediately.