Learn how make Air Fryer Frozen French Fries and then make them extra delicious by turning them into Garlic Parmesan French Fries.
If you’re going to make something basic like frozen french fries at home, you might as well turn them into something special. You’d think making french fries in the air fryer would be as simple as following package directions. Trust me, it is not. If you put frozen french fries into your air fryer for as long as you do your oven, you’re going to get rock hard fries that aren’t even edible. Both temperature and time need to be adjusted for air fryer frozen french fries. And because I’m missing going out to eat at the moment, I turned these into drool-worthy Garlic Parmesan French Fries.
How to Cook Frozen French Fries
My package of french fries said to bake them at 450 degrees. So as a general rule, I’d lower the air fryer temperature by 50 degrees for cooking french fries. With my brand of air fryer, these fries were done (crispy on the outside, still soft on the inside) in about 14 minutes. Check them at about 12 minutes and go from there to make sure you don’t over-fry your fries.
What you Need for Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Garlic Cloves
- Parmesan Cheese (green can)
- Fresh Lemon
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- This is the brand of air fryer I use to test all of my recipes
- Click here for more information on dry toasting garlic cloves
- I like this brand of garlic press the best
- If you’d like to enjoy these french fries as/is, here’s a great recipe for fry sauce
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer
- 1/2 bag frozen french fries
- 2 cloves garlic unpeeled
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a small skillet over medium heat, dry toast the garlic cloves until starting to brown. Allow to cool a bit and then press them through a garlic press.
- Place the french fries into the basket of the air fryer. Cook at 400 degrees F. Toss the fries about halfway through cooking time. Cook until the fries are crispy on the outside and still soft on the inside, about 12 - 14 minutes.
- While the fries are cooking, stir together the melted butter, garlic, Parmesan, lemon juice, black pepper and parsley.
- Add the cooked fries to a large bowl. Toss them with the butter mixture. Serve.
More Air Fryer Recipes
The french fries are really lovely, with butter, garlic, and Parmesan. It’s way better than your average french fries for sure.
They definitely are. Thank you for the positive rating!
I ave seen a few people have success with really crispy fries in the air fryer using frozen fries. I am going to have to try this.
The key is to not over cooking them. They can get way TOO crispy!
Natanja || Home Baked Bliss says
Thank you. A great way to skip the oil. They look delicious …I immediately wanna eat some 😍
You’ll want to keep eating them 🙂
What a pity that I don’t have an air fryer. These fries look AMAZING!
You should think about getting one!
Yes!! You had me at french fries!! Love how you have turned something reasonably straight forward into an amazing side dish. This is spot on for weekends, love it!
Thanks very much Adrianne.