Make a complete meal for one or two. Air Fryer Filet Mignon cooks at the same time as Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes – and it’s all topped with a yummy butter sauce.
I’ve made a lot of food in my air fryer. It’s all been delicious. If there is a downside to the air fryer, it is the small size. To cook for more than 3 or 4 people, you have to cook your food in batches. The upside though is the air fryer is perfect for one or two people. When it’s just me at home, I don’t always want to go to the trouble of cooking. But going out to eat can get old. So when I was thinking about fixing a steak, I decided to make it a complete (and upscale) meal. I researched which veggies would cook at the same rate as a filet mignon steak. It takes about 15 minutes to cook a perfect medium filet mignon. It also takes 15 minutes to cook Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. So that’s how I decided on my combination. And then to really take it over the top, I created a butter sauce to drizzle over both the steak and the veggies. I could not be more pleased with my recipe for Air Fryer Filet Mignon.
Why Air Fry Filet Mignon?
This is just my personal opinion. But the constant heat circulating on all sides in the air fryer really cooks protein perfectly. There’s no guess work. Filet Mignon can be tricky because it’s such a thick steak but very lean. With little fat in the beef for flavor, filet mignon is almost always served with a bit of flavored butter melting on the top. The air fryer controls the temperature, so as not to overcook the steak. But no extra butter or oil is needed for the cooking process in the air fryer. Meaning you can indulge in the yummy butter sauce drizzled over the filet mignon and veggies after cooking. This meal has a really fancy feel, but it’s ready to eat in just about 20 minutes. I think that’s plenty of endorsement for why to cook a filet mignon steak in the air fryer.
How to make Air Fryer Filet Mignon
I like to set my steak out on the counter for about 20 minutes to get a bit of the chill off. I also preheat my air fryer for about 5 minutes. Season both sides of the filet mignon with salt and pepper. Prepare the veggies and drizzle them with a bit of vegetable oil. Place both the filet mignon and the veggies in the air fryer basket. Cook at 375 degrees F for about 15 minutes (depending on the brand of your air fryer). The middle of the steak should be cooked to between 140 and 145 degrees F for Medium. I always the check the temperature of my steak with a digital meat thermometer. While the filet mignon and veggies are cooking, melt the butter to make the sauce. Once everything is cooked, drizzle the butter sauce over the top. It’s so delicious!
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer in my kitchen
- Digital meat thermometer for checking the temperature of the filet mignon
- If you prefer your filet mignon cooked to medium rare, check the temperature at about 12 minutes. A medium rare steak is about 130 to 135 degrees F.
- If your Brussels sprouts are on the smaller side, the outer leaves may get a bit too crispy. No worries, just pull them off before serving. The inside of the sprouts will be perfectly tender and delicious.
- I took my inspiration for the butter sauce from this recipe for Cowboy Butter
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Filet Mignon
- Air Fryer
- 8 oz filet mignon
- 8 Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp brown or Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Remove the filet mignon from the refrigerator about 15 minutes before ready to cook. Season both sides of the filet with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F about 5 minutes before ready to place the filet and veggies inside.
- Wash both the Brussels sprouts and sweet potato. Remove the outer leaves if necessary from the Brussels sprouts. Trim off the hard bottom stems. Peel the sweet potato and cut into about 1 inch pieces. Reserve the other half for another meal. Drizzle the veggies with a bit of vegetable oil and toss to coat evenly.
- If your air fryer is large enough, you can cook two steaks and add a few more veggies at the same time. Just double the amount of butter sauce.
- Place the seasoned filet and prepared veggies in the preheated air fryer basket. Cook for about 15 minutes, flipping the filet over halfway through.
- Steak is done when the internal temperature is between 140 and 145 degrees F. If some of the outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts get too crispy, just remove them.
- While the filet and veggies are cooking, place the butter and garlic in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 30 - 45 seconds, or just until butter is melted.
- Whisk in the mustard, lemon juice, thyme, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Place the filet and veggies on a plate. Drizzle them with the butter sauce. Serve.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Steak with Shrimp Cream Sauce
- The Juiciest Cheeseburgers
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- The Best Shrimp Tacos
- Air Fryer Meatballs