Air Fryer Steak Bites are an economical choice to make a pricier steak feed more people. They are so quick to make and perfectly cooked!
Are you a steak snob like me? If I’m going to cook steak I prefer filet mignon. But they are so expensive. I mean they’re way cheaper to purchase and cook at home rather than eat at a restaurant. But still.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
With steak bites, a large steak cut into bite sized pieces, you can save money and still enjoy that filet. This recipe works just as well for cooking sirloin steak, New York strip steak and ribeye. Plus your air fryer cooks those cubes of steak to perfection in a fraction of the time it takes to cook one big, thick steak.
Why this recipes works
Cutting a steak into smaller, bite-sized pieces helps it cook quickly. The air fryer cooks the steak evenly on all sides, sealing in the juices for tender bites of steak. These steak bites are so versatile. You can build a variety of meals with them. Or they can just be a quick protein-packed snack.
My air fryer never ceases to amaze me! It remains my most used kitchen gadget. My kids use it often for after school snacks, or dinner if I’m not home. Here’s some of my dinner time favorites I’ve created in my Foodtastic Mom kitchen so far…
Ingredients for air fryer steak bites
- Steak – When testing this recipe I used filet mignon steak. Other great cuts of beef are top sirloin, strip steak or ribeye
- Olive Oil – Massaging a little olive oil onto the steak bites helps to make sure the seasonings adhere to the steak evenly
- Seasonings – My favorite way to flavor steak bites is with a combination of Tajin, garlic powder (or sometimes I use this garlic citrus blend from Trader Joe’s), smoked paprika and a little salt and pepper. You are welcome to season the steak with your own combination. Parsley, rosemary and thyme are also good choices. I like to sprinkle on some fresh herbs after cooking. But I prefer using dried herbs to season the steak before air frying.
- Salt and Pepper
Instructions for air fryer steak bites
- Cut steak into bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch cubes
- Massage the olive oil into the steak
- Combine the seasonings and stir them into the steak to evenly coat
- Allow the steak to rest while you preheat your air fryer
- Place the steak in an even layer in the air fryer basket
- Cook the steak at 400 degrees F for about 8 – 10 minutes, or until cooked to your desired doneness
- Steak cooked to a medium doneness will have an internal temperature of 140 degrees F. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to check the temperature before serving.
What cut of steak is best for the air fryer?
Filet mignon, Strip steak, sirloin or top sirloin and ribeye steak are all good choices to cook in your air fryer.
Does air frying steak dry it out?
It does not dry out steak. In fact, cooking steak in the air fryer helps to seal in its natural juices. The air fryer sears the steak on the outside, leaving it tender and juicy on the inside.
Do you need to flip food in the air fryer?
I sometimes do, but most often I have found that it is not necessary to flip food. The air fryer forces very hot air on all sides of the food. You are welcome to shake the basket to move the steak around about halfway through cooking time. But you don’t have to.
Store leftover steak bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. I don’t recommend freezing cooked steak bites. I prefer to cook them for using the same day.
My favorite way to serve these air fryer steak bites is as part of a burrito bowl. You can customize these to your own tastes. I like rice, diced tomato, guacamole, cheese, sour cream, taco sauce and cilantro with mine. It’s such a quick and easy dinner to make! Here’s some other recipe ideas…
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes
- Use a heavy, sharp chef’s knife for cutting your steak into bite-sized pieces
- Always use an instant read digital thermometer to check the temperature of your food before serving
More steak recipes
Air Fryer Steak Bites
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 1/2 lbs Steak
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Tajin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Cut steak into bite sized cubes, about 1-inch square.
- Massage the olive oil into the steak bites.
- Combine all the seasonings and then toss them with the steak bites so the steak is evenly coated.
- All the steak to rest for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the air fryer for about 3 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Add the marinated steak bites to the air fryer basket in an even layer.
- Air fry the steak bites for 8 - 10 minutes at 400 degrees F, or until the steak is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Check the steak bites with an instant read digital thermometer. Steak cooked to medium will be about 140 degrees F.
- Garnish the cooked steak bites with some chopped fresh herbs of your choice before serving.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (Amazon Associate), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on when you click to purchase.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN to Pinterest and print this recipe! Also like and tag ‘Foodtastic Mom’ on Facebook and Instagram if you make this recipe!