Make restaurant quality Mexican food at home! Air Fryer Burritos are completely customizable, absolutely delicious and ready in just a few minutes.
We eat a lot of Mexican-style food in my house. My kids never complain when I serve them tacos or burritos. I used to just microwave my burritos but the texture just isn’t it. They are always too soggy for my liking. As with so many other foods, the air fryer comes to the rescue again. Air Fryer Burritos are so good. Dare I say even better than Chipotle or Moe’s? Yes, I will absolutely say that and mean it! The key is smothering them with taco sauce and cheese before air frying them. Read on for the full recipe…
Ingredients for Air Fryer Burritos
- 10-inch, burrito-size tortillas (Mission brand is my favorite)
- Rice (I use Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice to save time)
- Black Beans (be sure to drain and rinse the beans)
- Corn (be sure to drain the corn)
- Salsa (use your favorite brand – this one is mine)
- Taco Sauce (Taco Bell Mild taco sauce is the best, in my opinion)
- Shredded Cheese (I like Kraft Mexican style four cheese blend)
- Diced Tomato
- Lime Juice
- Sour Cream
How to make Air Fryer Burritos
Mix together the rice, beans, corn, salsa, lime juice and salt in a large bowl. Fill each tortilla with about one cup of the burrito filling mixture. Roll up the tortillas to seal in the filling.
Line the basket of your air fryer with foil and lightly oil the foil to prevent sticking. Or use parchment paper. I prefer parchment paper but I was out of it when I tested this recipe.
Place one or two burritos in the basket, seam side down. Drizzle the burrito generously with taco sauce. And sprinkle the top with shredded cheese.
Air fry the burrito at 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted. Serve the burritos topped with diced tomato, avocado and sour cream.
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes
- Add taco seasoned ground beef or shredded rotisserie chicken for more protein in your burritos
- Serve these burritos with a side of Spanish Rice or chips and homemade guacamole
- Parchment paper for air fryers
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Burritos
- Air Fryer
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 pkg Uncle Ben's Cilantro Lime Ready Rice
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- diced tomato, avocado and sour cream
- Microwave the rice according to package directions. Or prepare your own favorite rice to use. You'll need about 1 1/2 cups, cooked.
- Mix together the rice, beans, corn, salsa, lime juice and salt in a large bowl until well combined.
- Fill each flour tortilla with a generous cup of the filling and top with about 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Fold the burritos to seal in the filling.
- Line the basket of your air fryer with foil that is lightly oiled or parchment paper.
- Place two burritos in the basket and top each one with a couple of tablespoons of taco sauce and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Air fry the burritos at 350 degrees F for 8 - 10 minutes, until the cheese on top is completely melted.
- Repeat until all the burritos are cooked.
- Top each burrito with sour cream and diced tomato and avocado to serve.