Air Fryer Nachos are the perfect way to make customizable cheesy nachos for everyone! Easy clean up and ready in minutes.
I hadn’t tried making nachos in my air fryer because I was concerned about the mess. Scraping a bunch of melted cheese off my air fryer basket did not sound like fun. But since I had used foil successfully with my Air Fryer Meatloaf, I experimented with foil pans. And it worked! This way, each person can make a personal pan of nachos. And then top them however they like. The air fryer melts the cheese evenly, in just a few minutes. Air Fryer Nachos are my new favorite for a Friday night snack or fun weeknight meal.
What you need for Air Fryer Nachos
Yes, you can put foil in your air fryer basket. A small foil pan allows each person to make his own nachos which can then be customized. And there’s no need to clean the air fryer basket of melted cheese afterwards.
Choose your favorite type of corn chips. I prefer the round, bite-sized chips for maximum topping and easy eating. Just make sure to use plain corn tortilla chips and not flavored Doritos.
I like using both nacho cheese sauce and pre-shredded cheese. A Mexican blend is my favorite.
I heat the air fryer nachos with cheese and jalapeños. If I was using cooked meat, like taco seasoned beef or shredded chicken, I’d air fry that too. As for other toppings, I put those on after the nachos are cooked in the air fryer. My other favorite toppings are sour cream, salsa, chopped green onions or black olives, avocado and lime juice.
How to make Air Fryer Nachos
Layer the nachos in a foil pan. One layer of chips, followed by a generous layer of cheese. Then repeat the chips and cheese layer one more time. Add some jalapeños or olives or cooked meat in this step too.
Air fry the pan of nachos at 400 degrees F for 5 – 6 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and melted.
Top your pan of nachos with additional toppings and serve.
- I test all of my recipes in a Philips XXL Air Fryer
- These are similar to the foil pans I use
- Add meat for loaded nachos – like shredded chicken, taco seasoned ground beef or pulled pork
- Here’s an easy homemade salsa recipe
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Nachos
- Air Fryer
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup jalapeño pepper slices
- sour cream, salsa, fresh avocado
- In a small, round foil pan (about 7") layer the tortilla chips, nacho cheese sauce, shredded cheese and jalapeños.
- I make two layers - half the chips, followed by half of both cheeses, then a few jalapeños. Then another layer - the other half of the chips, the rest of the cheese and jalapeños.
- Air fryer the foil pan of nachos at 400 degrees F for 5-6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with additional toppings like sour cream, salsa and avocado and serve.