Air Fryer Cauliflower is such an easy side dish to make. Fresh cauliflower, a little curry powder and salt cook to perfect crisp tenderness.
Eventually I will have cooked every vegetable that exists in my air fryer. The constant circulation of hot air the air fryer provides cooks so many things well. A convection oven just doesn’t provide the same results. Today I tried cauliflower in my air fryer for the first time and it did not disappoint. I always like curry with my cauliflower. I like how it turns yellow and looks kind of like popcorn. That might help with getting your kids to try Air Fryer Cauliflower.
How to Cut Cauliflower
Remove the green outer leaves from the bottom. I just use my hands to gently peel and tear them away. Rinse the cauliflower under cold water and drain. Place the head of cauliflower upside down on a cutting board. Use a sharp pairing knife to cut the florets away from the stem in the middle.
Can you eat the stem and leaves?
Yes they are safe and good to eat. I’ll be honest with you. I usually don’t and end up throwing the stems and leaves in my compost pile. However, you can roast the leaves and make a soup from the stems.
How to make Air Fryer Cauliflower
Once you have prepared the cauliflower florets, toss them in a bowl with a bit of vegetable oil. Then season with curry powder and salt. Add the cauliflower to the air fryer basket. Air fryer at 375 degrees F for 12 – 14 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes.
- Click to find all my Best Air Fryer Recipes.
- Here’s the pairing knife that I swear by – it costs less than $10!
- Don’t use cooking spray like Pam when using your air fryer. It will damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer basket over time.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wash the cauliflower and drain the excess water.
- Remove the stems and cut the florets away from the stem. Cut or use your hands to break up the florets into pieces that are 1 to 1 1/2 inches in size.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with the vegetable oil, curry powder and salt until well coated.
- Add the seasoned cauliflower to the basket of your air fryer.
- Air fry the cauliflower at 375 degrees F for about 12 - 14 minutes, or until your cauliflower is tender. Time will depend on your brand of air fryer.
- Taste the cauliflower and season with more salt if necessary before serving. I sometimes squeeze a little lemon juice on it after air frying.
More Air Fryer Favorites
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Loaded Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Broccoli