This recipe for Slow Cooker Sirloin Tip Roast uses real ingredients like beef stock, apple juice, tomato juice and butter.
So many beef roast recipes I read call for envelopes. Instant gravy and onion soup. Nothing against those, but why do we need to rely on envelopes? Real ingredients yield clean and yummy flavors. You have to cook a beef roast like sirloin tip forever to make it tender. This cut of beef is from the rump/hind legs of a cow and therefore is very lean. Which is great if you are looking to eat less saturated fat and ultimately less calories. But if you’re going to cook something for so long, don’t you want it to be flavored more naturally? This Slow Cooker Sirloin Tip Roast tastes and looks amazing. And it doesn’t require any stove top cooking before putting it all into the Crockpot.
What you need to make Slow Cooker Sirloin Tip Roast
- Sirloin Tip Roast
- Beef Stock
- Apple Juice
- Tomato Juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Corn Starch
- Onion Flakes (dried onion)
- Herbs de Provence
- Dried Parsley
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
How to slow cook Sirloin Tip Roast
Whisk together the beef stock, apple juice, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and corn starch. Stir in the dried onion flakes, Herbs de Provence, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Microwave for about 90 seconds and stir until the corn starch is dissolved.
Line the bottom of the slow cooker insert with slices of butter. Top with washed potatoes. Top with the prepared carrots and onion. Place the sirloin tip roast on top and pour over the beef stock mixture. Cook on LOW heat for 8 – 10 hours, until the beef roast is fall-apart tender.
- I used a 6-quart slow cooker to develop this recipe
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Slow Cooker Sirloin Tip Roast
- 2 - 3 lbs beef sirloin tip roast
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp onion flakes
- 2 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Slice the butter thinly and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker insert.
- Wash the potatoes and add them on top of the butter in the slow cooker.
- Peel and cut the carrots. Peel and cut the onion. Layer the carrots and onion on top of the potatoes.
- Place the sirloin tip roast on top of the potatoes, carrots and onions.
- In a microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the beef stock, apple juice, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and corn starch. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, onion flakes through pepper.
- Microwave the beef stock mixture to dissolve the corn starch, about 90 seconds.
- Pour the beef stock mixture over the roast and vegetables.
- Place the lid on and cook on LOW heat for 8 - 10 hours, until the beef roast is fall-apart tender.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crispy Crockpot Orange Beef
- Barbecue Pulled Beef
- Guinness Beef Stew
- Pulled Pork Chili
- Italian Chicken Sandwiches