This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Klement’s Sausage. All opinions are 100% mine.
Slow Cooker Sausage Chowder takes less than ten minutes of prep time to create a creamy, hearty, one-bowl meal that is sure to feed and please a crowd.
I’m writing this in the dog-days of summer, but I’m already dreaming of fall. I can’t help it. I get to just about the middle of summer break every year and I’m over it – the humidity, the kids bickering at each other, the too-lazy days. I’m craving back to school, crisp air, crunchy leaves, football and tailgating. Who’s with me?
Klement’s Sausage sent me some of their artisan sausages recently. I took one look at the Cheddar Bratwurst and thought slow cooker instead of grill. I love my slow cooker even in the summer. And I especially love transporting my slow cooker filled with delicious soups (or chowder in this case) to outdoor gatherings in the fall. Think tailgating, camping and field trips for apple picking. Call me crazy but my outdoor loving self comes alive more in the fall than in the summer. In the summer you’ll find me by the pool but I’ll likely not be in the mood to cook.
Klement’s has a full line of handcrafted summer sausages, pre-cooked sausages and snack sticks and wants to share recipe inspiration with their What’s Cooking Wednesday series (#WhatsCookingWednesday). My Slow Cooker Sausage Chowder is my unique recipe contribution for this Wednesday.
Klement’s Cheddar Bratwurst is mixed with creamed corn, frozen baby broccoli florets, carrots, cubed potatoes, red onion and ranch seasoning for delectable, one-bowl meal. Cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese are stirred in at the end for extra flavor and creaminess. Be sure and serve this chowder with crackers and crusty bread to soak up all that smoky, cheesy, flavorful broth!
Slow Cooker Sausage Chowder
- 1 pkg Klement's Cheddar Bratwurst chopped and divided
- 1 15 oz can creamed corn
- 1 15 oz can corn drained
- 2 cups frozen cubed hashbrown potatoes
- 2 cups frozen baby broccoli florets
- 2 cups frozen carrot coins
- 1 envelope Ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- In a large slow cooker, mix together half of the chopped Klement's Cheddar Bratwurst with the creamed corn, drained corn, potatoes, broccoli, carrots, ranch seasoning, salt and chicken broth. Stir well to combine.
- Cook the chowder on high for four hours or low for eight hours.
- During the final 30 minutes of cooking time, stir the cubed cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese into the chowder.
- While the cheeses are melting into the chowder, heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the remaining half of the chopped Klement's Cheddar Bratwurst.
- Top each bowl of chowder with a small scoop of the browned bratwurst.