I am teaching you how to grill pork tenderloin that is perfectly juicy thank to the Ohio Pork Council. The recipe includes a cherry bourbon glaze to flavor the pork tenderloin.
If you want to know how to grill pork tenderloin that is perfectly juicy you have come to the right place. I like grilling all throughout the year but especially during the summer months. Over the years I’ve become the primary griller in my family thanks to testing recipes for the blog. I know where the hot spots are on our grill. I have a great instant read thermometer so I don’t overcook my meat anymore. I love experimenting with rubs and marinades. Grilling has definitely become one of my new favorite hobbies!
Watch how to grill pork tenderloin:
Today I’m showing you how simple it is to grill a juicy pork tenderloin. I decided to flavor it with a delicious cherry bourbon glaze – a simple mix of cherry preserves, bourbon, brown sugar, melted butter and salt. It is lip-smackingly good!
How to grill pork tenderloin in 8 easy steps:
- Lightly salt the pork tenderloin
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients
- Pour half the glaze over the pork and rub to evenly coat
- Sear the outside of the pork tenderloin on the hot side of the grill (about 5 minutes)
- Move the tenderloins to the low heat side of your grill and continue cooking (with the lid closed) until the internal temperature reaches 140 – 145 degrees F
- Place the cooked pork tenderloin on foil and drizzle with the remaining cherry bourbon glaze
- Seal the foil and allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes – this allows the temperature to rise about 10 degrees more and lets the flavor of the glaze really soak into the meat
- After the 10 minute of rest, slice and serve the pork tenderloin
Pork is a lean and flavorful protein choice. A juicy, grilled pork tenderloin is safe to eat between 145 and 160 degrees. A blush of pink on the meat lets you know it’s not over-done. Pork is also an economical choice for family dinner. Pork on average is about half the price per pound of beef. Visit the Ohio Pork Council for more information and recipes for cooking pork all year round!
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Easiest Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Bourbon Glaze
A recipe for how to grill pork tenderloin that is perfectly juicy - with a cherry bourbon glaze to finish.
- 2 pork tenderloins about 1 1/4 pound each
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt divided
Heat grill to high and scrape clean. Set one side to medium high heat and one side to low heat.
Sprinkle tenderloins with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Blend the cherry preserves in a blender until smooth. I used an immersion blender.
Whisk together the cherry preserves, bourbon, melted butter, brown sugar and remaining teaspoon of salt.
Pour half the glaze over the pork tenderloins and rub to coat evenly.
Grill the tenderloins on the hot side of the grill for about 5 minutes, flipping once so both sides are browned.
Transfer tenderloins to the low heat side of the grill and close lid. Continue grilling until internal temperature of thickest part of tenderloins registers between 140 and 145 degrees.
Transfer cooked tenderloins to a large sheet of foil. Pour the remaining cherry bourbon glaze over the tenderloins. Seal the foil and allow the tenderloins to rest for 10 minutes.
Unseal the foil. Slice the pork and serve.