This Goat Cheese Quiche tastes indulgent but it’s crustless! Artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, goat cheese and a surprising ingredient combine for a really delicious quiche.
I love a good quiche. I can make one at the beginning of the week and then heat up a slice every morning for a very satisfying breakfast. But a traditional quiche made with pie dough is too much of a treat for me to eat every day. So I started playing around to create a recipe that hits all the notes. Indulgent but still healthy. Sturdy and easy to slice and serve. Tastes great reheated.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
My quiche has a full four ounce container of creamy goat cheese in it, hence the name Goat Cheese Quiche. But it’s balanced with a full can of chopped artichoke hearts, some chopped roasted red peppers and a surprising ingredient, chia seeds! I promise, if you aren’t aware they are an ingredient, you won’t notice them. But they add a healthy dose of fiber to this high protein breakfast. And they also help to hold everything together. The texture is so great that you won’t miss the crust.
More egg dishes
- Eggs Benedict Breakfast Bake
- Air Fryer Poached Eggs
- Spanish Eggs
- Deviled Eggs with Relish
- School Breakfast Pizza
Ingredients for crustless goat cheese quiche
- Eggs – Six large eggs are needed for the best quiche filling, so there’s one egg per serving if you slice the quiche into six slices.
- Artichoke Hearts – A full 15 ounce can of water or brine packed artichokes proves excellent flavor, nutrients and fiber to this quiche. Simply drain the artichokes and chop them fine before adding them to the filling.
- Roasted Red Peppers – You can use a jar of roasted red peppers or pimentos in this recipe. You could also substitute the peppers with chopped olives or just leave them out. But I like the flavor and color they add to the quiche.
- Goat Cheese – A full four ounces (one cup) of crumbled goat cheese is needed for this recipe.
- Chia Seeds – 1/4 cup of chia seeds adds a healthy dose of fiber and it also provides good texture. It helps to make this crustless quiche more substantial and easy to slice.
- Sour Cream – Adds some creaminess and tangy flavor to the egg mixture.
- Parmesan Cheese – A little sprinkled on the top of the quiche before baking adds nice flavor. And it also helps the top to turn a nice golden brown.
- Italian Seasoning – Brings all the flavors of the quiche together.
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Variations – Add some fresh spinach or fresh herbs to the quiche filling too.
Instructions for making goat cheese quiche
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch, deep dish pie pan or plate, set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with the sour cream, chia seeds, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Chop the artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers. Fold them and the goat cheese into the egg mixture.
Pour the quiche fillings into the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan cheese.
Bake the quiche for 45-50 minutes, or until it is puffed in the center and light golden brown on top. Allow the quiche to cool in the pie plate for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. It’s also good served at room temperature.
Be sure to grease your pie plate before filling it. You can use melted butter, vegetable oil or a non-stick spray like Pam.
Use artichokes packed in water or brine. Don’t use marinated artichoke hearts for this recipe.
Allow the quiche to cool in the pie dish for at least 15 minutes to set up before cutting and serving.
Store leftover slices of quiche in an airtight container in your refrigerator for 3 – 5 days. Microwave until warm to serve. This classic breakfast recipe is just as good served the next day.
For a healthy breakfast or light dinner, I would serve this quiche with sweet potatoes, like this sweet potato hash and a green salad or a fruit salad. If you want a more indulgent brunch, serve with a side of candied bacon, spinach strawberry salad and sour cream coffee cake.
- 9-inch pie plate similar to what I used to test this recipe
- Mini spatula for easily serving slices of the quiche
- French coil whisk is my favorite for easily combining eggs for quiche filling
More quiche recipes
Goat Cheese Quiche
- 6 large eggs
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 15 oz artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 4 oz roasted red peppers drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch, deep dish pie plate with melted butter, vegetable oil or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, chia seeds, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Drain and chop the artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers.
- Fold both the artichoke hearts and peppers, and the crumbled goat cheese into the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle the top evenly with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the quiche for 45 - 50 minutes, or until the center is puffed up and the top is a light golden brown color.
- Allow the quiche to cool in the pie plate for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (Amazon Associate), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on when you click to purchase.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN to Pinterest and print this recipe! Also like and tag ‘Foodtastic Mom’ on Facebook and Instagram if you make this recipe!