Pulled pork but with beef! A large cut of beef is slow cooked to tender perfection, sauced and shredded to make this Barbecue Pulled Beef.
When most people think of barbecue and pulled meat they probably think of pork. But beef works just as well. And it is equally delicious. When it comes to my kids’ eating habits, my daughter is the true carnivore in our family. She would declare her favorite food to be steak as early as six years old. So when I see pork recipes, I wonder if I can make them with beef. She is my inspiration for this Barbecue Pulled Beef recipe.
What is Pulled Beef?
It is pulled pork but with beef. Any tougher cut of beef that you would use for pot roast works for this recipe. The slow cooker breaks down a tougher cut with ease. This beef requires minimal effort. Simply season the beef, set the slow cooker to LOW for 8 – 10 hours and walk away. Shred the beef. Add your favorite barbecue sauce. And let it cook some more. Serve it on buns with cheddar cheese and some pickle slices. It is so good! And perfect for football season and tailgating especially.
Ingredients needed for Barbecue Pulled Beef
- Beef Chuck Roast
- Seasoned Salt
- Apple Butter
- Barbecue Sauce
- Use your favorite bottled barbecue sauce for this recipe
- Or here’s a fantastic homemade barbecue sauce recipe if you prefer
- I use a 6-quart slow cooker for this recipe
Yes you can freeze barbecue pulled beef
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Barbecue Pulled Beef
- slow cooker
- 3 - 4 lbs beef chuck roast
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Place the beef chuck roast in the slow cooker.
- Season the beef with the seasoned salt, salt and pepper. Spread the apple butter evenly over the roast.
- Cook on low temperature for 8 - 10 hours.
- Shred the beef.
- Add the barbecue sauce and mix well to combine.
- Cook on low heat for an additional hour. Serve.
More Beef Recipes
- Crispy Crockpot Orange Beef
- Slow Cooker Short Rib Chili
- Jimmy Fallon’s Crockpot Chili
- Slow Cooker Provencal Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs