Jimmy Fallon’s Crockpot Chili recipe is a quick to make and delicious chili for any night of the week. It also makes enough to feed a crowd!
I am most entertained by people who sing and people who make me laugh. Visit my Kitchen Music page for my current music mix to cook and bake to. As for laughter Jimmy Fallon nearly always does the trick. His musical skits happen to be some of my favorites. Search for his parody of “More than Words” with Jack Black on YouTube if you haven’t already seen it.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
My husband loved this chili because it was heavy on the beef. My kids enjoyed it because I told them Jimmy Fallon gave me the recipe (HA)! And I loved it because it was quick and easy. Win. Win. Win. This recipe was one of my earlier posts back in 2013 and it has become so popular that I decided to give it better photos. The original chili recipe was shared with Martha Stewart here.
Tips for Jimmy Fallon’s Crockpot Chili:
- I chose to publish this recipe as originally given to Martha Stewart – but as a short cut instead of chopping the whole tomatoes, I sometimes use diced tomatoes.
- Don’t like cilantro? Don’t use it!
- If you want to skip the beer, add in a can of beef broth instead.
- This makes a large batch of thick, meaty chili – it’s great for serving a crowd.
- I use an 8-quart capacity crockpot for this recipe.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Jimmy Fallon's Crockpot Chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs ground sirloin
- salt and pepper
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno chili seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 28 oz cans whole tomatoes chopped and juices reserved
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 12 oz. bottle amber beer
- 2 15 oz cans dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Brown ground beef, season with salt and pepper to taste, drain and add to crockpot set on low heat.
- Return skillet to heat, add onions, garlic and jalapeno pepper and saute for about 5 minutes. Add to crockpot.
- Add the cilantro, tomatoes with juice, seasonings and beer to the crockpot and stir well to combine. Cook on low for 5 - 6 hours.
- During the remaining 30 minutes, add the kidney beans, stirring well to combine.
- When ready to serve, season with more salt to taste if necessary.
- Serve chili topped with shredded cheese and more chopped fresh cilantro.
More Chili Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili
- Crock Pot Chile Verde
- Slow Cooker Cincinnati Chili
- Vegetarian Chili
- Crockpot Chili with Turkey
- Easy Crockpot White Chicken Chili